What the best way to deal with a road rage incident and also have you ever been in one?

I'am a pretty calm guy but i can admit i do have road rage. Something happend today while my girldfriend was in the car and she was not fond of me at all. She said i acted childish and should of let it go. So how would you deal with this and have you ever been in a situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• well, the other day... i saw this little sportscar tailgating a minivan in a two-lane, insanely curvy highway. so i decided to tailgate the tailgater. and i did it until he stopped being a such a bitch and tailgating the other guy. but to be honest, i would never behave so childishly with another person in the car. i wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize their safety.

• i kinda went all rage mode in the car and my girlfriend said she was scared but she also said that i acted like a little child Ok so this guy was infront of me, i was the faster car, he would not move over. Then when i made a move, he made a move. I got so made that i faked left (he went left) and i went right then i gave him the finger then he was mouthing of words and so was i. This was like 1 minute straight then my girlfriend yelled at me to take the next exit so i did. I got mad and told her she should shut up cause it's not her business, but i said sorry when i was calm afterwards. Do you think i acted like a kid?

Oh yes some people do go in and out of lanes. I do not do that (i save that stuff for the racetrack). But yes that is dangerous

• You're from NYC too?

• @lifes_curve_ball nah but i have driven around there! was definitely an experience :p

Most Helpful Guy

• Lmao yeah I've been in a bit of road rage incidents. One time I had to do everything in my power to not start laughing cause some stupid kid who was like all of 5'5 full out emo garb was getting all loud. Funny shit there lol

I treat each situation differently based on what it is, so it depends on what happened. That time I was just gonna crack up

What Girls Said 4

• Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. It's not worth it. The person who made you angry has moved on, don't you think you should too, instead giving him or her the satisfaction of your emotions?

• No never been in one and I say its best to not get angry and just walk away

• that is true. i said sorry to my girlfriend cause i yelled at her

• okay than

• I usually blow the other person a kiss or throw up the peace sign, this tends to piss them off even more than going off on them or flipping the bird because you're so calm.

• I think you did a little extra by faking left and stuff just to flip him off. It was a little risky in a way so I can understand where your girlfriend is coming from. It was a bit childish

• ok, i said sorry to my girlfriend

• I have road rage even when I'm not on the road. Gotta love being a New Yorker to the core no matter where you are. xD

• never been to new york but i could imagine driving their lol

• >_> You don't want to drive while in New York. I've moved from New York a few years ago, but I still do visit my family up there and every time I go the traffic is just as bad as it was before.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah I can get really mad with certain drivers but I try tell myself it's not worth it even after I mess with them for awhile to piss them off after they started it, the best is when they cut me off and then give me the finger which totally confuses me, so now when they try to yell at me or threaten me I just show them my cell as if I'm taking pictures of them and they usually take off