Have you ever failed?

Like truly failed at a really pivotal thing in your life. Like something that you've put your entire being into. Have you ever truly failed? Tell me about that. Tell me how you dealt with that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hah, you already know about what I consider a failure with my last job. You were there for the end of everything and my breakdowns. Though it was tough and I lost faith many times, I still put in applications and interviewed where I could... even though I knew those jobs weren't what I really wanted or deserved.

I don't know what else I can suggest to you that I haven't already said. Since your program directors and professors don't seem to care, you need to look other places for support and help. Failure is scary to say the least, and it's my biggest fear. However, great successes have come after failure. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll succeed in you keep presevering. You're a strong, kind, and intelligent man. You got this, even if you don't see it right now. ❤

By the way, read through this article. Maybe it'll help you change your perspective.

www.forbes.com/.../

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have failed in my life. I have one failed marriage under my belt, she cheated on me and eventually left me then we got divorced. So while this wasn't my fault I still feel it is a failure. Then I failed while I was going through LPN school, we were supposed to maintain a 80% in the class and I got a test with a 79% so I failed out of the class, I know I had an opportunity to go back, however I went and completed my Associates degree and then went on to complete a Bachelors and then a Masters degree in Healthcare Admin and now I'm over half way through my MBA of project management. I've been fired from a couple of jobs, which I consider failures (not huge) but still not fun either. For every failure I have had, while I didn't like any of them I felt they were opportunities to learn and move forward, and I suppose this is the greatest lesson you can learn from failing. It's not that you failed it's what you do after failing that helps define who you are going to become. :-)

What Girls Said 12

• I failed at everything
    friends
    school
    finding a job
    eating healthy
    every little dream i had never even saw the light
    trying to get to class
    I am a big failure!

• dont you dare talk about yourself like that.

• @justbanANNAz thanks

• Listen to @JustbanANNAz she knows what she is talking about

• My whole life is a huge failure.

• I don't agree with that. You seem like a smart cool girl. Even if you've had to face numerous obstacles coming out the way you have is an accomplishment in and of itself. Don't beat yourself up - you're a good person.

• i played the alto and tenor saxophones for several years, and the only thing you could do with it in my school was band or jazz band. the acceptable one was jazz band. i practiced for literally six months and learned to put my soul into my music.
    then i broke my reed at my audition and failed terribly.
    basically then i just started playing in band cuz i loved the saxophone (still do) and then eventually my parents decided i couldn't play anymore (cuz, well, parents). so yeah. i was sad.
    th'end.

• No... I'm fairly successful at life.

• Well I hope you never have to experience failure.

• I too hope that. But I am a young person yet and I am sure one of these days I'll mess up super bad.

• hmm, at nothing pivotal, no, because i dont make that an option. failure is my biggest fear.

• Sometimes it's not a matter of making it an option. Sometimes life gets in the way of our plans and forces us to face a reality that we didn't want to face.

• I'm sure it'll all be fine. always is =]
      no worries man.

oh dont worry, we're cool. I'm not so pleasant all the time myself- sorry. water under the bridge.

• I hope t all works out that way.

And alright good I'm glad :)

• I'm feeling like I'm failing now. I'm not where I want to be or imagined I'd be at almost 28 years old. And it depresses me. But I pray about daily and I believe that God will bring me through this stage of my life.

• I don't think I've failed in anything in life, more like missed opportunities.

Once I put 3 Cups of salt into cookies... that was pretty horrific.

• Haha did you think it was sugar. I've done that. Its actually pretty interesting

• Yes I mean that is what i was driving at. But the real goal of this question was to figure out - how you dealt with it.

• Sorry I can't help you there! Really great question actually.

• Yeeees I fed up failing...

• I failed at protecting people I love. No matter what I do (knowing from my experience), I can't protect them from everything.

• Thats an interesting question...
    I am the kind of person who thinks i've failed a lot, but in reality, i am actually one of the lucky ones.

• Fortunately I haven't... yet.

• i only failed at things i didn't put 100% effort into, which is too many things

What Guys Said 12

• Sure man, I've failed at every endeavour. It's fun! What could one possibly succeed in? Everything is changing, nowt stays the same, and one's mortality is always lurking around the corner!

• A few times. It sucks in the moment, but you learn a lot. If you don't take it as a learning experience then you just wasted a good chunk of your life. My biggest life lessons came from failures. I took what I learned and applied it to future undertakings. Your only a true failure if you don't get back up.

• Nope not that I can think of, even if I did I'd never let the failure dictate my life, that's no way to live.

• I failed at being a hooker. 😔

Nah.. I failed at school man. My grades sucked because I didn't prep for the exams.

• I have never failed. I have had hard learning experiences. My perspective on life is a tad different than most people.

• I have a failed decade-plus relationship under my belt. That's all I'm saying.

• The only way to deal with failure, is to be pro active. Continually talking about it amounts to nothing but a change of mood. Once you're there, the best time to act is now.

"he who hesitates, masturbates."

• I don't fail because I never quit!

• Sometimes it's not a matter of quitting. Sometimes it's just a matter of facing reality

• Yeah but that was only cause I wasn't putting a 100% effort in and was very stressed.

• Yeah i died in dark souls 2 in this boss fight. Changed my whole life.

• Nothing very significant. But some times i fail to wake up to go to work.

• I'm learning designing and other things like pscyhology I've failed many times, but didn't give up I'm working all day for 8 hours at least since I was 15. Currently working on android game which is super hard :D