How to know if you'd make a good stand up comic/comedian?

Most Helpful Girl

• if you make people around you laugh, you are original, can take constructive criticism...
    try making a routine and doing it for people you know and see how it goes. they will be honest with you (hopefully) and you can see if its something you should pursue :)

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a lot of different approaches to comedy, obviously there's a fair share of "talent" requirement but first step is to start writing a short 5-10 minute set. Practice in front of friends / family and gain their confidence, then start doing open mics and perfecting your 5 minute set. Eventually as you learn timing, what the crowd "pops" on and you start finding your voice.

Do you have comedians you like? If you youtube their podcast, many comics will talk about comedy, insightful stuff.

What Girls Said 1

• If people laugh? Isn't that the basis of a stand up comic or am I missing something?

What Guys Said 2

• Learn how to deal with set backs and adapt.

• Good public speaking skills, good voice, good humour?
    I can make everyone I talk to laugh. ^_^