Why have different regions?

I know not many believe in God and some that do believe in God. But why have different regions? The way I see it.. their is only one God. We are all equal loved by him and will someday see him.. and get judged by him. Wouldn't it make sense to put our differences aside?

• Agree
  • Disagree
  • Maybe
***Religion***

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe in only one God to, but some people believe there are other God's or some think their God is not Jesus Christ, and some are close minded and think that there is no God... however, you can agree to disagree with their beliefs but you have to respect their religious beliefs, we shouldn't force religion down peoples throat, everyone has to figure out what they wanna believe in

What Guys Said 8

• Regions? I assume you're talking about religions? Not regions, as in, geographic regions.
    Well, first of all, you have to understand that not all religions are monotheistic. Monotheism is the belief that there is only one god. In fact, the monotheistic religions are a tiny, tiny minority. Although the monotheistic religions - namely Christianity, Islam, and Judaism - have by bar the most followers, most of the religions in the world are in fact NOT monotheistic. There are thousands of religions that are polytheistic. There are religions that are pantheistic (a lot of native American and Inuit belief systems are pantheistic for example), there are religions that are in principle monotheistic but primarily deistic and thus very different from the "three big ones" again. And finally, there are religions in the world that actually don't have any god at all. One famous example for this would be Buddhism. Contrary to the way Buddhism is practiced in western countries (as a lifestyle, that is), it clearly is a religion in south and north east Asia. It has pretty much all the qualities it needs to be defined as religion, and yet it doesn't have a god. It would be impossible for a Buddhist or a pious Hindu or an African tribesman to agree on religions ideas with you. The world views are simply too far apart.
    Now, as for the "three big ones", Christianity, Islam and Judaism, you are generally right that they all share the same god but you should also understand that they all have their own, individual history and their own stories. Judaism is by far the oldest of the three religions. It is about 2,500 years older than christianity. This also means that Judaism has a very rich and independent lore and view of the word. Although the Jewish god is de facto the same god as the christian god, he is actually vastly different when you look at how Jews and Christians picture their god to be like. The christian god is mostly the god of the new testament. He is good, merciful, mild, and loving. The Jewish god, however, is the god of the Tora and the old testament. The god of the Jews is full of hatred. He is vengeful, furious, discriminatory, racist, blatantly homophobic and sexist and, above all, extremely brutal and bloodthirsty. Allah, the muslim god, finally, is a bit of a mix of the previous too (Islam is the youngest of the three religions). He is kind to his followers but merciless to his opponents. However, the whole thing gets even much crazier. Because there's

• not only thousands of different religions, there are also thousands of different religious denominations. Just think of christianity. How do you picture christians, jews and muslims EVER agreeing on anything if not even christians among themselves can agree on very basic religious ideas? This is one of the most curious things about religions. Many religious followers don't understand how divided their religion in fact is. America is a great place to see this. In some of the more religious states in the south, you can drive along a big road and pass by 10 different churches of 10 vastly different christian denominations. And just remember the 30-years war here in Europe. It was the war where catholics fought against protestants after Martin Luther had published his 99 theses. The 30-years war cost roughly 30 million lives. Relative to the population size back then, it was worse than any other war in history, including the world wars. And this wasn't even two religions fighting.

• @The Spartan:
      Please read my comment again. I explicitly said that the monotheistic religions have the most followers but that there are more polytheistic religions in the world than monotheistic ones. The large majority of religions in the world are polytheistic. I explicitly that despite this fact, most religious people follow one of the three big ones.

Also, your comment about the 30-years war is not correct. I have an MA in history, so I don't really need or want to argue with you about this. Of course the war was about dynastic rivalries as well but these dynastic rivalries were mainly caused by religious tensions. This is why countries such as Austria-Hungary (catholic) fought against countries such as the Netherlands, Sweden or Denmark (protestant). Even the reason for the start of the war, the Defenestration of Prague, was religiously motivated (the oppressed protestant minority was revolting against its catholic political leaders.
      As for the victims of the war: it is hard to

• hard to make accurate estimates nowadays but your 8 millions are certainly too low. It is estimated that the German Reich, which had around 16 millions inhabitants at the time, was reduced in its population size by about a third. So that would be around 5 million people. And that's just the German Reich alone.

• Because there are different levels of stupid.

There are like fairly stupid people, Who believe in talking snakes, Magical boats and fairies etc. (Christians).

Then there are ultra stupid people, Who believe in genocide, Child fondling and misogyny. (Muslims)

Basically, Most peoples religion is just whatever their parents was, And, Its always like that, Very very very very rarely do people ''choose'' a religion, They are raised into it by their parents, With or without their consent. (Christenings / Baptism etc, is basically just forcing a child into a religion before they have the choice for themselves).

So, your religion very much depends on how retarded your parents i guess. .

And, ''We are all equal loved by him'', Haha? You fucking serious?

Yes, Some kids are born into western families who parents are millionaires and live a fantastic life. And some kids are born into the slums of Africa, Who starve to death a month after they are born...

''Loved equally'' haha, Tell that to all the babies of the world who were born with horrible genetic mutations and die a young and painful death whilst people like you and me get to grow up.

• Wow.. I'm sorry for upsetting you..

• Upvote for your Ultra stupid line!!! :p :D

• @BlueCoyote

Both are fucking horrible books filled with nasty shit. Yes, Whilst the bible condones shit like slavery, And other horrific crap. It dosen't quite nail it as bad as the Quran. Afterall, That book literally condones the genocide of every none muslim... ''Infidels'' until Islam is the only religion left.

• We would ve way better without the religions we have today. They're thr biggest cancer in society.
    I'm sorry for all the good religious people put there, but religion overall has done more bad than good.

• I think that people need to find their own path to god

• Why aren't the whole world just one country?

• Ok let's date then... ;)

• it's a diversionary tactic created by satan to mislead.

• I'm going to speak my mind if it's offensive so be it.
    You're trying to apply logic to the situation; however, there's nothing logical about the believe of annall powerful old man living in the clouds and gets pissed when guys play with each others penises. Sory if I'm being condescending but in the same way that you think it's ridiculous that there's more than one religion, I think it's ridiculous for there to be any religion.

What Girls Said 3

• i agree in a sense that all religions are equal, and they're basically just different streams but they all end in the same place; which should be peace, and respect towards others who believe something different. i'm not religious for several different reasons however.

• People tend to cling too harshly to mythology.

Besides, it only strengthens the point that there may not be a god at all. Wouldn't such a universal truth spawn exactly one religion, the right one?

• You mean religion? No, people believe many things. There are many forms of gods. Let people believe what they want.

• I see your point.. :)