I'm 23 years old I left my house but have no where to go?

my parents are abusive physically, emotionally and verbally I left my house but have no where to go im staying with a friend at the moment but he can't keep me forever so i need a place to go i know lots safe house are only for teens i need a place other than a homeless shelter please help thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Short term, go to a domestic violence shelter. Long term, they have American job centers that offer resume building, job training, and they assist with job searches. The military is always an option if you meet the qualifications.

Most Helpful Girl

• I will give you advice because I was in the exact position as you literally 2 months ago.
    I managed to get a temporary place at a friends too.
    What I did, get my ass out looking for work. I didn't stop till I got two. Paying rent can increase the chance of you staying longer. Earn upfor a car, get your lisense if you have none. Sell all your stuff. If you want, EBT ang GR are an option. Tell them you recently became homeless, they can get you a hotel. Apply to section 8 if you think you'll need it.

What Guys Said 8

• Try Reddit
    You can find help there

• If you have acess to the internet look up places in your area, during the day you might hang out at the local library. Free entertainment.
    During the night is trickey
    I'm really sorry about your situation.
    Have you tried reporting your parents? I know it sucks but it might be your only option

• go to a domestic violence shelter.

• Just start qualifying for assistance. I know in CA there are a lot of programs. Cheaper rent/cheaper food etc. Goodluck.

• hm... you should be out finding yourself a job.

• Go to a homeless shelter and seek refuge.

• Do you have any other family you could stay with?

• How bout I let you live at my place and you be my hoochie girl?

• hey whats wrong with being a hoochie girl?
      all girls want a roof over their heads, shoes and jewellery in exchange for sex. thats what relationships are essentially bout

• She's trying to escape that life. most likely because that's NOT "all girls want" (When you grow up you'll understand better, kid.)

• Am soon goin to vote out anonymous members in gag because you are gull if shitty opinions that does not help anyone... If u can't complete your profile fuck off!!

What Girls Said 6

• Look up Youth On Their Own and see if they have a program in your area. They could probably refer you to lots of agencies that help teens transition into adult housing and you could start with those. But no matter where you go, you are going to need a job, so your first stop should be at an employment agency. They might have resources for you as well. Have you applied for state benefits yet? They might be able to get you on a list for temporary housing?

• I say your going to have to move to a homeless shelter or find a another house to sleep with.

• How long is your friend willing to let you hang at their place?
    You could use that time to save money to find your own place. You could rent out someones basement.

• niot long maybe like a week more because he has go to Canada for some work

• Any other friends you can utilize?
      This would be your best option until you save enough money. Do you have relatives? siblings?
      otherwise, you may have to utilize the shelters for a bit.

• Do you have any savings?

• There's programs for you to apply to , they will offer housing, try googling some... or try staying with someone your close with and help pay rent

• Talk to other family or another friend who will let you stay with them until you're ready and able to have a place of your own. I'm sorry you had to suffer and I'm very happy you left, I hope things look up for you from here!