For those who have suffered and survived depression, when does this painful endless pit end?

Most Helpful Guy

• when you find the grace of God. depression is a sickness of the soul and only the creator of souls can fix it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depression can be so debilitating, your emotions are like a rollercoaster. Depression is usually a
    signal that changes need to be made in your life, or you have unresolved past issues, but there is many other causes for depression. So if you haven't already done so, you should seek professional help.

When you suffer from depression you become a " prisoner" and the " cruel jailer" , because you are trapped in the loneliness of your own mind. Feeling tormented by your own thoughts

A lot of the pain you deal with is caused by your own thoughts. You have to challenge your mind and change your thought processes into positive thoughts. It is a challenge, but it is possible. What you think about... is what your body and emotions will respond to.

There are many beneficial treatments for depression, but it has to be " taiolor- made" for you... as an individual.

Some people can and do get over depression, it can end... but it all depends on the cause of your depression. So when you know the cause you can then work at getting better or reducing the impact it has on your life. 💚💐

What Guys Said 9

• I won't lie to you, it might be a while before it goes away. I'm still waiting on mine to go away. Still you can always find ways to cope; set goals and work toward them. Maybe work on getting a better job, find something you want to buy and save up, start working out or start studying something interesting to you or both. The healthiest thing for depression (aside from antidepressants) is an active mind from my experience. That doesn't mean you won't have down time where you'll feel like shit but it's a good way to cope until that special something (or someone) comes along and pulls you out of it.

• Aww sweet, well once you have depression it never isn't necessarily gone, you simply overcome it. You build something on top of it to ensure that you are happy.

• When you realize that you can fix it, that is already a big step. From then on it goes easier and easier, and then there's the moment where you're stronger than ever
    It took me a year

• Aw, that caption made my heart melt.
    Its been a struggle day in and day out, but thesedays I feel happy around fifty percent of the time. We are alive and we owe it to ourselves to act like it.

• Have you seen anyone about it and been diagnosed with it? who did you see?

• take a break... do positive thing... thought positively... you definitely overcome soon

• when you have want you want in life :/

• I was depressed this morning not any more

• Sometimes (like in my case) you have to try more than one kind of medicine before your mood stabilizes. In my case, adding Zyprexa to my regular antidepressant (Zoloft) made all the difference in the world.

What Girls Said 11

• It does end. The pain will start to go away, the hurt, the locked doors inside of your head, the demons. Everything. You just need to learn to stop thinking about it. Distract yourself and go and do something else. It's really helpful if you have a best friend through it all though. They keep guiding you and telling you why life is so worth it. Be around people that make you happy and smile. I've realised after surviving depression that it was pointless. I wasn't in control of my life, my demons were but then i met this great guy who helped me through it all. He was encouraging, very sweet, supportive and loving. He broke down my walls and then built them back up again but this time round he installed windows so that the sunshine could seek through. It is all just an illusion, you just have to escape it and i know how hard it is because i still struggle with it a little now but take it one day at a time. You will get through it. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel

• Depression is a cause of lacking on how to handle a situation. I've dealt with anxiety and till this day it wouldn't go away. I didn't allow situations in my life now to take over what i want and whats stored for me in my future. The road never ends , but it can get better depending on the choices you make when you are faced with an obstacle. The only battle you're facing is yourself because sometimes we do not admit we need help, or admit we're in pain, or admit there is a problem that needs to be resolved. Take life one step at a time and smile more through the stress and pain.

• You overcome this as soon as you decide enough is enough. You have to work on yourself and your overall outlook on life. It also helps if you talk to someone maybe a friend, family member or even a professor that you trust. It takes time. Stay strong though you'll get through it -xx

• I still get depressed sometimes but in my lowest moments I'd talk to people. That halved me to know someone cares and that they want to help and when I opened up to their help my depression decreased. It's hard now yes but it will get better you just have to have people there for you

• I'm on zoloft it's made the world of difference , also take it for anxiety. honestly time helps and surrounding yourself with a support system, things that make you happy.

• When you get the help you need.

• Mind you it never really goes away completely but it gets better

• Find a friend who's going through the same thing and work through it as a team

• I benefit a lot from regular exercise, eating well, getting enough sleep and meditation. Depression still hits me, but I don't fall as deeply into the pit.

• It never really goes away, you just find ways to not let it consume you... I at times feel very depressed still, but I just try to drown out my thoughts

• if you have blades (or any self harm equipment) throw it away, that's what I did, and whatever you think is making you upset or depressed, get away from it. and find hobbies to make your mind forget anything that made you upset. you could start crocheting or make a fan acc I don't know. but stay strong! good luck and yes it does end. :)

• It never ends, only the pain lessens