What is New York City like?

Have you traveled there?

what are fun things to do there?

what are the pros and cons of NYC?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have family there. New York City is HUGE!
    So large that they separate them into boroughs.
    I have family in Brooklyn and Staten Island.
    Pros:
    Public transportation
    Night life even if you're not into drinking and clubbing
    Shopping
    Cons:
    Too much people
    Stuck up people (They'd argue otherwise cause it's part of their lifestyle)
    Parking cost an arm and a leg
    Finding Parking

Most Helpful Girl

• Pros. The lights at night so wonderful. a lot more pros. Con when you're new traveling can be confusing and in the summer it gets humid. Its still a really great city

What Guys Said 10

• I liked it, all the tourist attractions were cool like Central Park and the zoo, Empire State Building, ESPN zone, probably not for you but the Hawaiian Tropic Zone haha, Statue of Liberty and that little boat tour thingy, the various famous department stores, haircut and Bumble and Bumble haha. It's a good city.

• The planes over there tend to mistake buildings for landing strips.

• I wish I got to visit NY before it became so commercialized. Nowadays, the impression that I get is that a lot of the heart and soul is missing, which is a shame.

Anyway, I've never been, and to be totally honest I'm not in a huge rush to visit.

Pros: tons of people, lots of variation

Cons: tons of people, way overpriced

• yes. too many times. it's not that great

i live about an hour outside the city by train or 25 miles away

there's a lot to see

it smells like butthole, it's pretty dirty, expensive as hell, people are dickheads, can get attacked by homeless people if you aren't careful, it's cold as fuck in the winter and muggy as ball sack in the summer.

• I've been there 4 times but mostly in Manhattan around all the expensive places like 5th avenue. I would go to see the big tree also. Their stores are huge and very expensive. The one toy store had a full sized ferris wheel inside of it.
    Otherwise, I know little else. :\
    I'd never live in at least Manhattan.
    I hear the Bronx is supposed to be where it's at.

• I've been there once and it's a pretty cool tourist attractive, but I can't imagine anyone actually living there. There's just so many people everywhere you go, and everyone there are selfish assholes because they need to shove their way through to get anywhere. Plus everything is so expensive.

• Really nice in the summer and fall but it's very crowded and very expensive other than that there is so many things to do you can't possibly get bored

• its a cesspool of shit. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

• I was there once and it bored me. So much there but nothing interesting to do. My favourite parts were central park and the museum of natural history. Times square was cool at night but gets old after a few seconds. The empire state building and statue of liberty are overrated and packed to the gills with security that it ruins the experience.

• The streets smell like urine

What Girls Said 6

• This place is an armpit.
    Though if you only plan on visiting, there's the usual tourist spots in the city and stuff. Times Square (though I'd actually stay away from there), Central Park, museums, zoos, Coney Island but don't go to their beaches EVER. Food everywhere. Giant Toys R Us and the Nintendo Store. Clubs and bars everywhere, especially by NYU or Baruch.
    Cons:
    - Crazy people running around punching randoms in the head
    - Crazy people running around stealing your shit
    - Everything is crazy expensive (except pizza)
    - Public transportation makes me want to rage quit life

• the pizza is expensive as fuck. they charged me like $3 for a slice when at home i can get 1 for $1

• yeah, I don't know any addresses either, but the cheap 1. if it's not in the city, then it's whatever. i live right outside the city anyways so i can find a cheap place right at home. i think the if that's by the greenwich village area/nyu, then yeah, it's hipster as shit.

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau Nah it wasn't in the city. There's one by where i live but I use a student ID to get a discount so it doesn't count either lol.
      Yeah, greenwich or something. I dunno. We took a wrong turn somewhere in life and ended up around there.

• NY is a fun place to visit, but I don't think I could live there unless it was in a less populated area. It's so fast paced. I live close enough to where I can visit on a regular basis tho.

• Better ask Delilah

• You should be fine. New Yorkers are just like everyone else. :T

• I like it during fall time. Otherwise I am usually bored here.
    I rate it 7/10.

• i really want to go there