Why do people pay more attention to you when u actually dress nice vs just wearing sweatpants or causal clothes?

I had more guy check me out and girls when I looked nicer and someone even came up to me to talk vs when i wearing regular clothes no one even pays attention. Explain yourself.. please... hahah I am the same person and they know who I am yet my classmates kept looking! Why?

0|0
6|8

Most Helpful Guy

• In my life it's always been rare to see a well dressed woman/man walking down the street. People who dress nice seem more confident and worth talking to if just to figure out how they do it. Casual clothes are today's armor. The more dressed down some people are the more other people assume they just want to be left alone or it's laundry day.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Um, this doesn't have to be true.
    I get approached in clubs/bars wearing only my plaid shirt, ripped jeans and converses, while there are other girls who dress way fancier and no one approaches them.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• It's because clothing is part of your attraction factor!

1|2
    0|0
  • It's because we find curiosity about the less usualstuff on life.
    So, if you normally use sweatpants... i would be cheking you when you would bring a dress. I would probably be like "oww but she is way stunning like that, she's actually great" or "cool, necerr saw her like that, she should experiment different stuff more often".

1|0
    0|0
  • Because you look important, i dressed up nice today and everyone was treating me like their boss. I prefer my workout clothes, they are nicer.

1|0
    0|0
  • It attracts a lot more attention as not only to you look better you also standout.

When I wear a suit in McDonalds I always get one to many stares.

1|0
    0|0
  • no1 comes up to me

1|1
    0|0
  • Most women these days don't dress up, so when they do you get noticed.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because you dress to impress, so makes sense you get more attention. Embrace the attention ;)

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Clothes actually a big part of your presentation. Clothing reflects an individual’s culture, personality and preferences. People can use clothing to enhance personal appearance. Often times, first impressions are partly based on what a person wears. Clothes are a means of expressing our individuality (whether we are formal or serious, whether we are cheeky or a bit “too much”). When lots of people express their individualities, diversity arises.

Aside from that, when dressed properly, it makes some people feel more confident. Wearing the right outfit goes a long way towards making one feel comfortable and relaxed.

1|0
    0|0
  • They like your style. People who dress nice and take care of themselves, are subconsciously looked upon as role models.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dressing more nicely shows that you take pride in your appearance, plus a nice outfit is visually more interesting than sweatpants.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah but sometime I don't have the time or i am not feeling good.

• Because you look nicer when you dress well which is more attractive to most people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Exact same with me. They're like omg you have legs !!

I usually dress like crap at work so whenever my co workers and I go out, it stuns them and i get more attention.

1|0
    0|0
    • lol I am the same person the only difference is I am wearing nicer clothes but I am going to school! I just want be comfortable.