Anybody remember when cartoons aired every Saturday morning? From "Recess" to "Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal". What happened to these programs?

Why are they no longer aired?

Saturday morning cartoon programs was a very special privilege and sort of tradition since back in the day of black and white television. You didn't need to have cable tv to watch these cartoons because it came through on air. That way anyone could watch and enjoy. Now, those early bird cartoons have been replaced by animal whispering educational programs. Ewwwww!!! I love animals, but c'mon!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Rip childhood. I think it was eventually taken off air for lots of reasons. Like declining viewerships, parents wanted kids to go out and do stuff or something. And I think its like, fcc reqs changed with demands for more educational stuff and less mindless animation and then tapes and dvds and soon, Netflix and hulu made sat morning cartoons a moot point. Curse you, technology. ✊
    Digimon and sonic and a lot of the other stuff can be found on Netflix though I think. They had hey Arnold and rugrats last time I checked.

• We're not completely without hope though. The internet ruined it, the internet can save it all! Find streams and then let me know too 😂😂

• I will try!!! ✊😤

What Guys Said 5

• I know Recess, i liked it back then. Yeah what happened?

• Those meanies stole it from us!!
      Lol sorry, having a moment

• I have never seen cartoons on black and white though. And they show the same episodes of Tom and Jerry too. @Asker

• Cartoon Network got fucked up is what happened.

• So true, it did with these crazy behind cartoons, but I meant the cartoons and anime that aired without needing cable on Saturday mornings.

• Nothing we can do about it.. but hey, what's the internet for? lol.

• All too true

• Recess was my s*** lol. I loved that show.

• I grew up with those types of programs but can't exactly say I have noticed since I can't remember the last time I watched TV

• i loved recess when i was a kid

What Girls Said 2

• I think because no more view or they had to put new cartoon bc of contract or regulations

• Because newer and better animes come out every time

• I don't think that's it. It could be like 15% of the reason though.