Why are the Aussies here so much more reasonable?

I've never been to Australia, but the Aussies here on Gag are so much more reasonable than the other English speaking members, on average..
It's rare to find one obsessing about some minor issue they have. You nearly always get level-headed, balanced opinions from the Australian members.

I can't help being curious as to why.. I'm not saying there are no unreasonable people in Australia, but there sure seem to be few of them here!

Strange no girls have replied to this!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• lol how nice :D
    i must say though... #generalisation389 :P
    there are some ridiculously dramatic aussies around. maybe some of us r making a good impression though? haha i dunno!

anyway for the most part, many of us are SO chill :P everything is "no worries mate!" u know? life's too short to get pissed over the littlest shit.

• The Aussies I've met abroad (never been to your country) make the same impression. So much less drama, generally, less buttons to be afraid of pushing, you don't call people names all the time.

Not to mention the girls are frequently really pretty, nice unforced smiles...

• pretty much yeah in general, but there r a lot who swear like sailors actually. really depends on the person u come across.
      some Aussies r complete twits.

What Girls Said 9

• Because Aussies are chill as fuck.
    But, uhh, dude, aren't there only like 5 of them here? 😂😂

• I think it's just their natural disposition most of them. I've been informed there's some unpleasant Aussies but you don't encounter them much unless you go to those areas I guess. I believe my friend said the unpleasant Aussies are referred to as Bogans.

• People who travel to other countries tend to be friendly and insightful; otherwise, hey, they would have stayed home

so of course, since I haven't been to Australia, I haven't seen a real cross section of the people.

• cuz they're ausum

• I think aussies are zen AF! they are so happy happy and calm.. but I haven't met any aussie in real life..

• Maybe it's the good weather 🌞

I think the lifestyle there is just more laid back and not as fast paced as in other countries, and it reflects in how their citizens conduct themselves. I've never been to Australia though so that's a wild guess.

• Lack of Americanization?

• The summer heat over there is too hot. If they take on too many world issues then they will die.

• No offence but their cricketers are not very civil and well mannered. Other than that I too like Australia and its people.

• Stop generalizing
    I do not get the point of this question

• You can't reason without generalizing. But maybe that's your preference.

What Guys Said 17

• In Australia and New Zealand we live a life that is free of many of the world's problems. In general we have less stress and a work hard but also don't forget to play hard lifestyle. So we love BBQs with mates over a beer. We have a good work-life/leisure balance. As we don't have many of the world's problems in Australia and New Zealand we have less stress and therefore are pretty level-headed.

• The amount of Aussie users here is growing... and for some reason most of them do seem to be chill reasonable folks.

• Australia is one of the most bigoted, racist, violent, communist, ignorant, white supremacist, backwards country in the world. We've had 5 government coups in the last 5 years. It is illegial to consume alcohol on public grounds because we get way too violent. Australians do not celebrate other Australians' successes here - if somebody is successful, we treat them with contempt and jealousy - the only exception is if they made their money in Hollywood. And you know how US cops like to shoot black people? Once upon a time, Aussie cops liked to shoot poor people.

If we weren't chill and relaxed, this place would be pretty depressing.

• Getting to shag on a beach all day long, in the baking glorious sun, where people generally don't take themselves or their opinions too seriously.

Yes, I do wonder why.

• Apart from the snakes and spiders, Australia is heaven on earth! They have good wages and good healthcare, a well functioning society.

• While there are a lot of great astrailians here there are also a number of them who are batshit crazy and complete drama queens.

• Because we grow up very grounded

• You sound like it, and your teenagers aren't opinionated and arrogant

• Yeah, I guess we grow up having an uncanny ability to see through bullshit, and just call it as it is..

• Because they lost the ashes

• ? Don't follow you?

• Chuckle, I bet they're pretty normal even if they win.

• Not the ones I've spoken to lol they rub it right in and make us guys feel like shit haha

• good and bad in every person from every nation on here

As an immigrant to Australia ( Irish )- I find them like any other people

• Wot u sayin m8 about antarctica?

• I don't know, I just assume its because they learn to be nice real quick or they get challenged to thunderdome

• Because they are awesome people.

• Reasonable is subjective

• No, it's not. There are standards for being reasonable: no name calling, racist put downs, no refusal to consider alternative points of view...

• Lol why so specific?

• I wouldn't say, I have seen some moronic Australian people who aren't reasonable at all.

• I'm sure there are, but you have to admit you don't hear from those on Gag often.

• Can I ask if you're from Australia/NZ yourself? Profile doesn't say.

• I am from neither country, I am from a country far worse than two those, it's so bad, I cry that maybe one day I can leave for pastures new.

• Here in Australia, children's shows portray 'cool' and 'level headed' as fairly synonymous. Also one of the most common phrases here is "she'll be right".

• Because we're laid back.