Generally who is more resilient, Men or Women?

• Men
  • Women

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• men because we have to be. we dont have nearly as many social programs as women.

• The anglo-saxon protestant male has the most support in the entire world controlling well over half of the major organizations on the planet and greatly influencing those they do not directly control. The social programs are made by these individuals so the fact that there aren't as many is a choice specifically by this group.

In short they control everything including your lack of everything. How wild is that?

• You are aware that you're assuming support only constitutes one facet of social programming correct? Job leadership and management, that is your typical employment office, is also a major form of economical social program and does greatly benefit said group far, far more. Males are actually more likely to get into programs, scholarships, and various other venues which rapidly and greatly improve social standing so while you're focused on who is getting WIC I am more focused on the whole picture of who is getting that STEM scholarship that isn't solely required to go to a minority.

• @Attractive_Guy There are actually a lot more women going to college than men. The men that do go to college simply tend to choose different fields of study that are more likely to pay better than fields of study more commonly pursued by women. There has been great effort to get more women into those fields and most women simply aren't interested.

While men do tend to dominate the higher wage earners. Men also tend to end up on the other end of the scale being at the bottom end of the wage earners. If you really were looking at the whole picture you would see that. There are even studies showing that parents think it is more important to send their daughter to college, than to send their sons to college.

collegesportscouncil.org/.../display_releases.cfm

What Girls Said 13

• Can't generalize. It depends on the issue and on the person. Resilience is needed to survive, and both genders have a survival instinct. It ends up coming down to the individual, his/her mental and physical state, and environmental conditions.

• It truly depends on the individual. Gender does not have a say in this. I have met some extremely hardwearing and determined people, women and men, who seemed to be able to withstand and outlast any obstacle thrown at them. And sometimes, you wouldn't even realize their struggle because they had such control over themselves and how they handled these issues.

I like to think that I am a very resilient person; and that "resilience" can differ by situation (physical discomfort, mental strain, etc.)

• Men are usually stronger and I think this is because in ancient times, they were the ones who hunted for food, manned the fields, harvested crops, and fought animals and invading nations. They should use their resources to help woman who were created to mind minor details since they had to take care of developing children who were naturally weaker and less intelligent then their adult counter parts.

• Resiliency has nothing to do with gender, it has to do with the mental strength, emotional capacity and experiences of a person..

• It depends on the person rather than the gender.

• I think it really depends on the individual rathe than their gender, though, in general I believe that men tend to be more resilient in terms of physical things, while women tend to be better able to cope with emotional stuff like stress/pressure.

• No doubt about it... women. Looking at the results so far for this poll, isn't it funny that the men generally believe they are more resilient and the women generally believe they are more resilient? LOL

• neither, it depends on the person's character rather than gender

• oh who cares lol. it's a mixed bag.

• Women. I'm gonna play the child birth card again here

• For childbirth sure but there is a reason men are protectors we naturally are stronger and physically resilient.

• It is a known fact? I have never "known" that fact lol nor heard of it before. Since women have less blood on average than men, women would bleed out more quickly with the same stab wound damage to the abdomen.

OK I will give you that men are more able to respond quicker and with larger brute force when faced with immediate physical danger (fight or flight response). Because men evolved from hunters, hence fighting is more engrained in them. Women were gatherers and nurteres of the family. Fighting and running is not as natural to us as it is for men.

But I don't see how any of this says anything about resiliency... Isn't being resilient the product of hardships and experiences and "training"? That's why I said basing resiliency on what our bodies are programmed to do is not really appropriate in my opinion. Because that requires no training, no hardships, no experience at all.

• Again like I said womens bodies are built for blood loss, they naturally clot quicker than men. I am not here to argue about how a woman bleeds.

"But I don't see how any of this says anything about resiliency... Isn't being resilient the product of hardships and experiences and "training"? That's why I said basing resiliency on what our bodies are programmed to do is not really appropriate in my opinion. Because that requires no training, no hardships, no experience at all."
      Hence most men are more resilient then women because we spend most of our time fighting and cursing each other out, while women dress up and play with their phones. Now

• I think it has to do with the person, not the gender

• Given the fact, women had endured so much in the ancient past where they were treated like next to nothing, raise children without men's help, just surviving in the harsh and limiting society, they truly have resilience. Much more over men.

• Depends on the person more so than generalizing one gender. Some can be said for both men and women.

What Guys Said 28

• Do you mean emotionally resilient? I would say women tend to get over the big stuff faster than men, but men let the little stuff slide off of us better. Women tends to have a better support system when they encounter hardships, which makes them more resilient to certain things like break ups. This support system however makes a lot of women act weak when they learn to lean on it far too often over smaller issues.

Men however learn that guys are typically left to fend for themselves. That makes them more resilient to things such as getting called a name, or some similar issue. On the larger issues however guys have a much harder time dealing with their issues since they are typically on their own.

• What do you mean by resilience?

Biologically, girls are more emotionally resilient than boys. Because of the sex change that has to happen to become a boy, they are in a more mentally-vulnerable state, with a smaller, more fragile corpus callosum. Instead of nurturing this vulnerability, it is daughters who are hugged and held more, and treated more gently, while boys are told to suck everything up.

From there, boys form more distant relationships with other boys than girls do with other girls. Girls are taught to "share their feelings and insecurities" while boys are taught not to "burden others with their whining." Resulting in a much weaker social net for support.

This leads men to turn to friends as a last resort, rather than a first resort. They, instead, self-medicate with alcohol and other addictions in an attempt to handle the situation without burdening others with it. Until one day they snap and act out violently, kill themselves, or both.

They found that guys were more emotionally disturbed by neglect, and more likely to turn to drugs during a rocky relationship than women were.

Men are 4 times as likely to kill themselves as women are. In my particular age group, this is upwards of 6 times.

So yeah, I think men need a bit of consideration.

For more info:
    Glen Poole on Twitter (@HelpingMen)
    Or GoodMenProject. com
    http://tinyurl.com/k6xael5

• While it's going to depend a lot from person to person, I think women are more resilient. They have a higher pain tolerance, and, in my experience, are much more able to keep their cool instead of letting emotions like anger and frustration get the better of them. They tend to be more patient too. Mothers especially will have a long of resilience so that they are able to care for their children. There are a lot of single mothers with very strong hearts.

• its been proven men have a higher pain tolerance in several studies...

• Men... I'm biased of course, LOL!! We need a neutral alien party...
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f0b040991a.jpg

ha ha... just kidding.

• Women, hands down. I don't know how some of these single moms do it. Want proof... manflu! Need I say more.

• Depends on the person , regardless of gender & the situations they are enduring , so I've not voted either way. Women generally have much better support networks than men ( female friendships tend to be very close , not the case with men ) Most men are on their own in life & are expected to suck it up & deal with it.

• But individually do you think living without a support system makes a man stronger or weaker?

• Would say stronger , as you have no choice but to be strong. This is why male suicide is higher , no one cares about men. A man viewed as " weak " is despised by BOTH genders.

• Depends on what's actually being measured.

• Resilient to what?

• Option C: Bacteria

• Physically, Men

Mentally, Women

• Men, why? Because they dominate the industries that requires resiliency.

• Industries tend to be dominated by the kind of people that created them. And which industries don't require resiliency?

• After I ended things with my ex, she was out of it for more than a month, I went on without missing a beat. Apply that to the question.

• To what, hot baths? Women all the way.

• Where is the equal button :c

• Women can get through pretty much anything. They whinge and moan, but they get through it.

• That's a bit complicated. If we included women's ability to elicit help from others as part of resilience then shit gets weird. Who is being more resilient then? How do we measure that? Do we measure in "reproductive success" or mental health statistics or average life span? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Absolutely men, both mentally and physically. This is not even debatable.

• I question why women downvote this

• @Dipsy We are also mentally stronger because we are pushed by the expectations of being a man. Ie: no shoulder to cry on, emotionally detached, but women ahead of us... now that takes some fucking fortitude.

• Yes indeed, but still, why can't women accept that? Is it so bad then?

• On average i would say men lol

• They both are.

• lol all the girls say women and boys say men

• resilient to wat? to physical trauma : men

psychological trauma: women.

• Normally women. They are designed to put up with horrific pain and can deal with loss easier.

• men obviously

• Women cry more and also tend to get more support so probably men

• Men.

Women get to cry a little and the world flocks to help them. They don't need to be resilient.

• Men more physically, women may have the edge emotionally, but thats just given how western society breeds men to be emotionally dead and mature poorly.

• Men because we've had all that practice putting up with women being fickle and inconsiderate, then when we find one who isn't and we get with her she nags the shit out of us.

• Depends on how you define resilience.