Do you think movie theaters should sell alcohol?

one of the local theaters got their liquor license, would you order a beer or martini while watching a movie?
not to mention the overpriced products as is, I bet a beer would be like $6.

Most Helpful Guy

• some theaters do that but they're expensive. like Cinepolis serves food and alcohol during movies, its a weird vibe lol. expensive too, since when did burgers cost $18

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't think so cause then the teenagers will not be able to go to the movies anymore. For me, the prospect of eating flavoured pop corn is enough excitement in one day. I do not need to drink alcohol to feel happy at a movie theatre.

What Guys Said 37

• Some theater chains are going very upscale, serving food and alcohol. They are much more expensive, and the food and alcohol is much more expensive.
    www.cinepolisusa.com/.../...lake-Village-seats.jpg
    Those theaters are catering to a higher class of clientele and not trying to draw in children. I would never spend the coin at one of those places.

• That theater looks awesome! I'd go there! 👍🏻

• @Barnone - As I mentioned, they are pretty expensive to go to, and everything served there is expensive, so I would not go there. If I was a lot better off financially, I probably would. I could have better seating than a regular theater with lots of leg room and room for people to pass without falling in your lap, a small table for food, and drink holders. One can enjoy the movie and have a meal during the same time. I will just be expensive, though.

• No cause I don't want some dumbass drunk shouting his/her head off, while I am watching a film, I also don't drunk ass couples making noise doing some rough intimacies in the back of the cinema, because they think the movies is shite. . Clubs and pubs for alcohol, lets keep that way.

Stay at home and drink and a movie.

• The problem is, even they do start serving alcohol and limit the amount you can drink, it will be very hard for them to monitor, and the staff will not able handle drunk people. It will just cause to many problems.

• I thought the exact same thing

• That's an interesting question. I don't think I would buy alcohol in a movie theater because I really like getting popcorn and a Sprite. I have to have popcorn when I'm in a theater and it just doesn't really go with alcohol. And you're right: It would probably be an outrageous price just for that one drink. However, I would share my popcorn and Sprite with the Question Asker any time for sure!

• Yeah I refuse to buy anything from the movies. They are the most over priced place to go. So no I wouldn't purchase anything but the film I was watching. x

• 1. At a movie any product except the tickets are overpriced, that's how they earn revenue. We always have a choice if to buy or not :)
    2. However, selling alcohol at theaters is a bad idea since children are part of the audience too

• Then selling alcohol at restaurants is a bad idea since children are part of the clientele there, too.

• Thank you beautiful girl for spelling that out :) <3

• your welcome

• In New Zealand they have "Gold Class" which is where the liquor is served plus cooked meals and big electric seats so you can adjust the seat how you want. I think you also have table so you can eat your meal while watching the movie.

• They have that here, too: VIP theatres where you get a big reclining leather seat and tray and they bring you booze and food.

I've done it a few times, it's so damned expensive it's better to just pre-drink before you go in. For the price of one or two beers you could buy a mickey of vodka (330ml bottle) and guzzle that down and be nicely drunk for the whole movie.

• In my country, there are 'Gold Class' screens which serve alcoho lanyway

• Naa, drunk people + movie = bad movie experience

• Lol no liquor is already exspensive I don't need it movie exspensive when I could very easily sneak in a flask.

Besides you don't need people drinking and driving.

• Do you guys have one down there , I was hoping you'd comment

• Thanks , yea I'm thinking of doing a my take about drunk driving , I just asked a question about what the consequences should be

• Interesting, and your welcome.

• where i live there is a movie theater that serves alcohol and dinner. its pretty fun a little pricey but what are you gonna do. i dont got time for dinner then a movie.

• Some do. I have a friend who works at one such theater.

• Yes, there are a few theaters that do serve alcohol in hotspot cities, but for me personally, I would like to see alcohol in movie theaters be more of a common staple.

I like to drink! :)

• Haha I'm fortunate not to have to ask that question... I'm a non alcohol drinker :D
    But 6 USD for a beer... that's a costly way of getting drunk :o

• It's average for venues

• It's quite a mess today... the risk is so high they had to close the underground and all schools in Brussels. During the week end all the markets and public events had to be cancelled to avoid mass collections of people.
      Apart from the discomfort, the economy is about to start suffering. Let's hope it takes a change for the better quickly!

• I'm sorry I hope so too

• NOOOOOO some obnoxious people are loud enough!!!

• Yes and condoms

• I think some theaters do. Your estimate that a beer would be $6 is optimistic.

• lol I was just guessing I was trying to remember what it's at other venues

• No. I would quit going to the movies then. What's the point? They will not let anyone watch the movie.

• I kinda thought same thing

• Awwwx im sorry

• @Asker lol it's alright. I am so unlucky.

• Well, a drunk person might be quite likely to do something very... disruptive during the movie, don't you think? We don't want that... 😕

• No that's a stupid idea its almost as stupid as chucky cheese selling alcohol to the adults.

• Its called movie tavern the suck part however there movies are 4- 6 months old lol

• I know plenty that serve alcohol in southern California...
    It's nice...
    Unless it's a bunch of dumb college kids looking to be obnoxious during the movie

• Definitely. Would be so much better.

• Yes and I would order a crown and diet

• Absolutely!

• I don't think it's the best place for a buzz.

• I would order a drink for the right movie. There are two here in town that serve alcohol.

• no, that is a bad idea

• Seems unnecessary.
    Just order some lemonade or something.

• Apparently there is on in my town that does.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 21

• I don't think that's a good idea. People can be really stupid sober. I don't want to aid in the stupidity by any means.

I remember one time I went, and I think they were gang members, but 2 groups of people were about to fight. It was stupid. Thankfully they got kicked out.

• That's scary

• Yea. But thankfully they got kicked out. I just can see this easily escalating if they had been drinking.

I don't think it should be sold in theaters. Not in the ghetto at least lol

• agreed alcohol doesn't help

• My local movie theatre does sell alcohol. All people over 21 who plan to drink have to sit up in the loft area of the theatre.

• In Switzerland we have beer at the cinema :-D and most big theaters have a bar in the Lobby. Although you're not allowed to take any glass in to the movie you can take beer (in cans).

• have there been issues?

• Yes I do. People will always want what they can't have. So not being able to legally drink until 21 just makes for some creative obsessive ways to get booze. In my opinion this creates an unhealthy relationship with alcohol.

• very valid point thank you

• Nooooo! I don't like drunk people 😐

• i thought they already did?

• They sell alcoholic beverages in first class at the movie cinemas. I'm not sure how well it would go about selling alcohol in the normal seatings. I've had alcoholic beverages in first class before. I'm indifferent

• Depends on if I suspected that the movie was going to blow.

• Oh please no. I can't stand the smell of alcohol. I'd hate having it get in the upholstery or even just next to me tbh. Also I don't want my 6 year old around it.

• I'm having conflicting thoughts because I'd be concerned about people's safety.

• exactly my thoughts I mean you figure a movie average runs hour and a half alcohol will still be in system, then possibly driving. .. too scary for me.

• i don't think its a good idea at all! it might end up in a disaster

• The movie theater near my house actually does have a bar. I don't know if it's any good but apparently it's good enough to stay open.

• its bad enough with people who are sober and don't stop talking so, no. I would probably avoid movie theaters and just wait for the movie i want to see to come out on DVD.

• No. I think it would ruin the experience for those who are not drinking. Think about all the people who are already obnoxious in the theatres without any alcohol. Imagine them drunk now.

• There are movie theaters that sell alcohol. And dinner too.

• Nope, I would avoid going to the movies if people starts drinking there.

• no, I don't need to be sitting in front of a drunk while I'm watching a movie.

• oh hell no. people would start assaulting each other in the middle of The Hobbit. no thanks.

• There are some that do, like the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin. It's pretty popular :)

• The movie theaters in jersey sell liquor

• Don't bring alcohol into a movie. Ruins the movie for everyone else. I hate when people drink

• No I don't like that idea