Do you miss your childhood?

I heard the song stressed out by twenty one pilots. While listening, I came to the realization that I don't miss my innocent years at all. Is this an abnormal? Who else is like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean... my childhood was freaking fantastic.

I didn't really realize it at the time, but looking back I realize how awesome it was.

If I could go back with the appreciation I have for it now, I would enjoy it much more.

What kid wouldn't appreciate having an awesome backyard with a pool, swing set, tree house, jungle gym, fire pit, trampoline, and horse pasture with 8 horses? Or having free range of the entire neighborhood and a group of kids your age with whom to play roller blade hide and seek? Or annual trips out of the country?

The only rule was to be back by dark. And also that you had to ask before you just invited people over.

We may have only had 4 TV channels but that's not really a big deal when you can ask for a pony and actually get one.

I grew up with the 8 horses (including my pony), 2 dogs, 2 cats, 12 fish, and 3 hamsters. I told my parents I wanted a dirt bike so they bought me one (after much convincing them on my part) and when I outgrew my pony I was given a horse. When he passed away of old age I swore off horses and then one day I decided I needed one again and 2 weeks later my mom and I brought home my current horse.

As a kid, only knowing that life, I didn't realize how good I actually had it. We weren't rich. We didn't live in a huge house or go on lots of expensive trips or wear expensive clothes - to this day I still wear clothes from when I was 8. But I just assumed everyone had access to what I did.

As an adult, I understand that I had it good as a kid. Like really REALLY good. 10/10 would go back and stay there. All sorts of fun stuff and almost no responsibilities... aside from my share of caring for the animals.

No, I had it good and I miss it a lot lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I miss it, sure there were parts I didn't like, but most was pretty good. I hated school, and most of the people I went to school with, at least in elementary school.

Plus my eyes were, maybe not better considering what I had, but there didn't seem to be anything wrong with them.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't care for them either sometimes I do but most time IDGF!

• I don't know about you, but I miss my childhood so much! I used to live in apartments. All the kids would always get together and play cops and robbers, go climbing trees, play in the mud, run to race, all that cool stuff. Plus the fact it wasn't as dangerous as it is nowadays. Like I would love to go back in time and be a kid again. :)

• Some parts. I miss the simplicity of it. The not having much responsibility. Being carefree. I miss that aspect. There are some dark moments of my childhood that I'd rather not think about or go back to tho.

• Not really.

• I miss the happy times I shared with my family. My dad died a while ago and I often think back to the holidays we had as a family. So I don't miss being a child, I just misse the great fun timesVwevall had together.

• I don't because I don't miss being beaten by my father. Being an adult sucks in some ways but childhood is a terrifying, living hell.

What Guys Said 1