Am I still considered a kid to people in their 20s and older?

I feel like people in their 20s and older tend to talk down to me more sometimes, like I'm still just a kid. I don't think my babyface helps either, haha. So older people, would you consider someone my age more of a "kid" or an adult? Just curious. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you are still a kid, but that doesn't mean you should be talked down to.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• I consider myself a kid lol so yeah, I'd consider you a kid.

Or, as I refer to them on here, "you're basically still a small little baby child pipe down!"

:p

• yess you are a kid!

• 16 is definitely kid-ish. I understand you're a teen and what you're capable of but yeah people under 19 are definitely childish to me now

• Yep. Until u turn 18, you're still a kid like it or not.

• Definitely! Anybody under 19 is a kid to me.

• When people first meet me they don't expect me to be so young haha you won't be treated like a kid if you don't act like one. xD

• a kid :p you're young! cling onto that youth as long as you can

• Yeah I hate that people talk down to others who are younger than them. But I do consider you a kid

• I wouldn't consider someone your age a kid, but I'd still consider you as someone who is very young. I would treat you the age you acted, basically; so, if you're mature, I'd treat you as such.

For me, I guess it's because that age is an age I was so long ago, and seeing where I am now and all the events that have occurred in my life, I see your age as an age where you still have so much to learn and do. Oh, to be young again. :)

• Well yeah, kind of, I consider you young. I'll still talk to you like a normal human, but take into account you have less experiences than someone older and have had less time to learn things

What Guys Said 7

• Yes.. I consider you a kid.. I do until a person is about 20... people in their 50s look at me as a kid... Its cuz as u get older things change... Its just a lack of life experiences...

• Yes. You will be until you do things like have a real job, your own place, an adult relationship. Even then older people will still view you as a kid.

• It's what people do.
    It's funny considering most people in their early twenties still have the maturity level of a potato.

• You are old enough to wipe your own ass, and young enough to ask your mom for the paper roll.

• You're a child

• Definitely

• Yeah you're a kid to use until you're 18. Then you're a adult.