How do I dye my hair?

I'm a guy and i have dark brown hair and i want to go dark blonde because i feel it suits me better. I don't want to go to a salon to get it done as i would feel a bit embarressed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, first of all, if you're going lighter, you'll have to bleach it, not dye it. And when I dyed my hair I just had one of my friends do it for me. Get an at home hair bleaching kit from target and have a buddy read the directions. Remember to wear a shirt you don't particularly care about.

What Girls Said 2

• You'd have to bleach it and u highly suggest going to the salon. I have brown hair naturally and when I wanted to be blonde I used the dye you buy at stores. Made my hair very very yellow. So best advice is just get it done in the salon and don't feel shy haha a lot of guys dye their hair

• It'll be more embarrassing to have to go in and ask them to fix a botched home dye job, trust me :') . Bleaching your hair is a risky business, it's best to let a professional do it

What Guys Said 0