Is a year book typical american? What is in it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it's definitely an American thing. Each year at the end of the school year, students can purchase year books that have photos of the students in school, photographs of activities done throughout the year, and stories about things that took place that year.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 4

• I didn't know it was an American thing. I assumed it was everywhere. That's kind of surprising. It's such a standard thing here that I can't imagine not having one.

Year books are nice 20-30 years after high school. It's cool looking back through them. I still look through my yearbooks. Recently there was a coffee shop nearby that had some old yearbooks sitting on the tables. I found one from when I was in the 2nd grade. That was a total trip looking through that. I wish I had one from every year I was in school.

I also have pre-WW2 yearbooks for both of my parents. My mother wrote notes on the pages next to the guys who served in WW2, and which ones died. That was kind of freaky considering that quite a few died and she went to a small school.

• don't know if it an American thing but we haven't them here

• its just everybody in schools head shot as well as a bunch of other pictures. its like a giant collage. its mainly for women i feel.

• Ya it's pretty big for US high schools. Individual pictures by class, group pictures by clubs/sports teams, random crap from teachers, some stupid cliche write-up from some journalism wannabe about how "high school will create memories forever"

I don't even think I have my yearbooks anymore, lol. who knows where they are.

• My HS or college (that's in Belgium) never had yearbooks.