Am I ashamed of myself for being gay?

I really can't breath anymore. I dont know why people, my parents hate me it's not my choice. it hurts me :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my, pretty please don't feel ashamed, you have absolutely no reason to. You're right, it's not your choice, and there's NOTHING wrong with being homosexual, just like there's nothing wrong with being heterosexual, bisexual, asexual, etc. Sexuality is a part of you, but it doesn't define who you are.

People can be ignorant and judgmental as hell. However, there are plenty of folks, including me, who fully support the LGBT community, and there are a lot of people who don't care one way or another. Just because there are homophobes out there who make you feel bad about who you are, doesn't mean you should listen to them. Please don't. What these horrible people say is irrelevant.

Your parents must be very religious I'm guessing? Well, hopefully they'll warm up to you eventually, you're their son after all. I've heard quite a few success stories when it comes to this. They'll get used to it and accept it, you just need to be patient.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Please don't let idiots bring you down, hun. Keep holding on and best of luck to you. ❤

Most Helpful Guy

• So stop being gay if u can't stop it and be straight at least don't be gay , since being gay is your curse then don't do anything just don't be gay and don't be straight turn asexual

What Girls Said 7

• Don't be ashamed of who you are. You don't have to please anyone but you!

“Happiness is not a matter of good fortune or wordly possessions. It’s a mental attitude. It comes from appreciating what we have, instead of being miserable about what we do not have. It’s so simple, yet so hard for the human mind to comprehend.” ~ John Luther

• Hey as a fellow gay person you just need to live your life. Anyone who is ashamed of you doesn't really love you that much and is a waste of time. Let yourself be happy.

• yes u are!

• Look thats your choice, your life you can't live on what people tell you and life won't stop if someone hated you for something you want, you parents shouldn't hate you like thats crazy, anw do whatever you want. Don't change for people they should change the way they think and there's a lot of people out there that will love you alottt iknow a lot of top models who are gay and are not ashamed of themselves you're doing this for you bc you're the one that makes yourself happy you can breath now😂

• One of the greatest minds of all time, michelangelo was believed to be gay or at least bi.
    So embrace yourself ;)

• I think it's cool if that helps

• I used to be that way. I came out to my father at 15 years old, after spending 2 years confused and afraid to tell him.

Even after I told my father that I am a lesbian, and he a Christian man, said that he's fine with it, he loves me... I still felt wrong, and terrible for a while. I spent years dating guys anyway, breaking up, dating another guy and breaking up. Telling myself I wouldn't date anymore guys, only girls, but then end up with a guy again because I was confused, hurt.

I'm 18, almost 19 and now, I don't feel that way. I realized that, it's who I am. There isn't anything wrong with it, and yeah some people think it's wrong and hate me, but screw them. They're the ones who are wrong.

I'm who I am, and I can't change it, and I don't want to.

You're amazing, and you're going to feel better eventually. We all go through feeling ashamed, but you're a wonderful human being. You will be so so happy one day and others peoples opinions won't matter.

What Guys Said 4

• there will always be close minded people. nothing you can do about it im afraid.

just to let you know, there is nothing wrong with being gay and there's no need for you to be ashamed of your sexuality :)

• Who cares if you're gay? I don't care. Sorry buddy you don't get a pity party. If your parents can't accept you for you... fuck them in the ear. That goes for anyone else dude. Be proud of who you are.

• no you're not
    but they seem to have trouble with accepting it at the moment

• Just be into girls then