Does everything eventually end up being OK?

When you feel that you're drowning and screwing up your life, people tend to tell you that things will end up getting better, that everything is "fixe-able" but is it true? It seems like hell has been going on for way too long. Have you ever been in a bad situation and everything really ended up well at the end?

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is full of ups and downs. It isn't meant to be ok all of the time. I have been in hell for the past 3 years and in purgatory for the beginning of my life. The one thing that I know is that life is like seasons, the winter is freezing cold, it feels like there is no end in sight and then spring comes around and you are happy again. Its an ebb and flow constantly, never staying exactly in a singular spot but always moving. If you are in purgatory as i was, you will not move, you will not feel life. Happiness and sadness flow away, but life is movement, never anything else, if it is not, you are not living.

Most Helpful Girl

• You know, I actually think so, yes. I've had a few rough times in my life, but EVENTUALLY everything worked out, no matter how bad it was. Once you hit rock bottom, when it can't really get worse, that's when it will slowly get better, cause from there the only way is up. What you have to do is not give up. I'm really sorry you're going through something so bad.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." ❤

What Guys Said 16

• Only if you put an effort. Sitting down and waiting won't change anything, but standing up and going for what you want, will change your situation.
    It's all up to you, after all, cause you're in control of your life, everything that happens is a result of your actions.

• Things that seem really bad often turnout to hae a good side to them.
    What hellish things are going on?

• My parents are paying a fortune so I can study abroad and I'm failing. It's my 3rd year since HS and don't know what to do... I just want stability and instead I'm drowning in uncertainty :/

• Get tutoring, change your study routine..Thereis always a way

• I believe that most situations are fixable and can turn out okay in the end. But I don't think that it always happens. For whatever reason, I think that there will be some moments that are no-win situations, that deal damage that cannot be undone or repaired. Some people won't ever have to face such a situation, but I believe that they do exist.

• No not everything... some things can not be fixed...
    I can't bring my friend back from the dead.

• ask that to the japanese living in hiroshima 10 minutes before the USA dropped the A-bomb on their heads

• We, some things will always cause bad memories from time to time, but only super extreme things like rape and such.
    But either way, I feel absolutely anything can become at least almost 100% better if you try. (If trying is even necessary.)

• Sorry about the stupid typo in the beginning. 😅
      I was changing the first sentence, and somehow "We," wasn't erased. It should've started with "Some things", but I assume you can tell. (Especially with the upvote, and all. lol) 🙂
      But, ya. Anything is possible with God. 😊

• Yes. Everything has a real funny way of working themselves out in the long run. Maybe it's because we just don't pay attention to whatever was wrong as much but things do get better

• I'm not going to lie to you, it doesn't always end up okay. It almost always does, but put emphasis on that "almost".

There's an album called "Knife Man" by the band Andrew Jackson Jihad. It's an album about how it doesn't always turn out okay.

• Yep trust me it'll all turn out fine 🙃

• I dunno, but u can't get much worse than drowning, my friend

• It's all fixable, trust me.

• Keep a positive outlook, and things get better

• Things usually don't turn out well for me

• I read somewhere once that you should close your eyes, and breathe slow and deep, and feel the air going in and out of your body, focusing on one point, either your rising chest, or for me, the feeling of the air moving in and out of your nose.

If you're breathing, you're doing okay, right now. Everything else... well there may be a lot to be done, but there's a whole life to do it in as well. As long as you're breathing, you're doing okay.

Worrying doesn't help. It seems obvious, but when you are worrying it feels like you should be. Worrying is not planning. Planning is useful. If you're planning, great. But if you're just worrying? Remind yourself worrying doesn't do anything other than make you feel bad. You don't need to worry. You give yourself permission not to worry. That doesn't mean you're being irresponsible or ignoring problems. It means you'er focused on them when you need to be, and not when you're not.

If there are problems hanging over you that you feel you need to think about, but it's not a good time (you need to sleep, or focus on something else), try planning a time to think about the problem. Like say 'I'm gonna spend an hour on Thursday night researching that problem, and come up with some plans. I don't need to think about it now'. That can really help.

• Work smarter, harder and no more procrastination. Things do get better but you will still have good and bad times.

• As long as you are able to convince yourself that everything will be OK it will. However, if it's not possible to convince yourself don't worry, death will always fix the problem ^_^

What Girls Said 9

• That's pretty much what most of this year has felt like for me. Things are starting to look up finally. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm happier than I've been in a while. If you put in the effort and don't give up, even though it's so tempting, life will turnaround.

• Oh yes, things always turn out okay. Time can only move forward, so there must be at least some days out of the many, that will bring you something good.

• Nope my situation will only get worse!

• I've been into bad situations many times and I always keep moving and everything gets better.

When my parents got divorced it was like the end of my world. But now I'm good.

Don't worry, you'll see the sun after the storm.

• I sure hope so.

I've thought like you. I'm very pessimistic. But still a bit hopeful. A hopeful pessimist.

• Yes I have.
    I guess we all have. What s the loint if life if there wasn t any kessons learned.
    But for you to reach that stage you need action.

• Yes, things can get better. But it won't happen by itself. You have to put in the effort to make the situation better.

• Always. It will always get better.

• I'm gonna be honest... Not everything. You can make most things become okay, somethings naturally become okay, but somethings don't.