Which is worse, cannibalizing the remains of a human who died of natural causes or killing a sentient animal to eat it?

• Cannibalizing a human who died of natural cause
  • Killing a sentient animal to eat it
1. You block me, I win
2. You use ad hominem attacks, I win
3. You "agree to disagree", I win

:)

Most Helpful Girl

• eating a human. the only time that's understandable is if you're trapped somewhere far from any other food source and their remains are the only thing to keep you going til you get to safety.

personally, I'm a vegan myself, but not for silly reasons of believing meat is murder. I very disagree with the method most people get their meat/furs/skins, but I'm not against people who care enough to get it from a free range farm, or the wild (in a somewhat fair way).

Most Helpful Guy

• What would you call a sentient animal other than man?

The only thing which would make killing an animal to eat it wrong would be having a moral relationship with it. Merely being sentient wouldn't, it could for example be a predatory animal trying to kill you.

• A Conscious animal would be considered sentient while humans would be sapient and i think I had this discussion with you before: not having a moral relationship with something: human or nonhuman doesn't make it morally permissable to kill or harm it. By that line of reasoning you couldn't condemn someone for committing genocide as long as you didn't have a moral relationship with the victim.

• #facepalm
      I've already explained this to you: it would be cultural imperialism because they no longer practice headhunting. There are still tribes that practice cannibalism but the kind of cannibalism that they practice is mortuary cannibalism; i. e. the person being consumed already died and condemning that would be cultural imperialism just like condemning gay marriage would be cultural imperialism; while some might find the practices distasteful there's no victim to them. But when an action is condemned that has a victim, than it is no longer "cultural imperialism."

• You are avoiding the question. There definitely have been people's who practiced cannibalism of enemies as a normal part of their culture.

What Girls Said 4

• EATING A HUMAN IS MUCH WORSE THAN EATING AN ANIMAL.

The law of nature is: kill in defense or to keep from starving. Any other time is not okay to kill.

• But you aren't killing the animal in defense and you wouldn't have killed the human. You'd only be disposing of the remains.

• Not reading it, as you didn't listen to me. Bye :)

• Um, yeah, I did, and I didn't say anything "disrespectful" about it I was merely stating facts and wasn't finished with my statement. I respect eating meat just like I respect the aforementioned tribes in the amazons' practice of cannibalism. If you find a dead animal and eat it, there's nothing wrong with that, but killing an animal to eat it (or for any other reason) is something else entirely. If you want a detailed explanation of the logic behind it there's a great discussion between Richard Dawkins and Peter Singer that you can watch on YT. by the way habitual blocking is a similarity I've noticed between both creationists and meat eaters. Before you ask, I didn't set up another account to "push beliefs" it's just that I started at a university since setting up my other account and the email system at that school uses gmail which G@G automatically links up to :)

• I rather kill an animal need eat my own.

• There are carnivorous animal out there who try to avoid eating their own, so I'm going to say eating my own is worse.

• Well the problem with that argument is that HUMANS AREN'T CARNIVORES

• What did I tell you about wasting my time? Also there's no similarity between meat eaters and creationists. As for being open-minded you can't be one to talk because you're clearly not an open-minded person yourself.

• I never said I was the type who's ok with not having the last word. I hope you wallow in your pool full of oversensitivity while reveling in your God complex. I swear you're just as bad as any creationalist you claim to dislike when it comes to holier than thou attitudes.

• Resorting to cannibalism because you could turn into a Wendigo.

What Guys Said 5

• Let's be clear, you are asking "What's worse eating a corpse of a person you found, or killing a cow and eating it".

• Well, i would eat the person, dog doesn't taste good and i hear people taste like pork. But if i had the choice I would take mcdonalds i haven't been in a situation yet where i have to make this decision.

• I respect animals and I want to be a vegetarian one day and everything, but to be honest I'd most likely kill the animal.

I'm just not cool with eating my own species, and I'd feel guilty for disrespecting their family.

• You'd feel guilty for "disrespecting" their family but not for killing an animal?
      Please tell me you can see the logical disconnect.

• Well, It's not just disrespecting the family that would make me uncomfortable, it's the whole concept of cannabilism.

• I picked B, but let me specify that I don't think all animals are sentient.

• Of course not all animals but all birds, mammals and cephalopods are

• Well, first the distinction needs to be made between "sentient" and "sapient" Sentience is the ability to feel emotions. Sapience is the ability to think and perform introspection. it's a common misconception that they mean the same thing, and up to now I've been presuming that you were under said misconception. I think that it's perfectly okay to eat a sentient animal, since scientists have actualyl found that even plants are sentient and can feel pain. I refuse to ever eat sapient animals. I will never eat a self-aware creature.

• The aforementioned groups of animals are conscious and self aware in the same sense that we are, and that's not my opinion that's a consensus that's been reached by the worlds' leading neuroscientists (google the Cambridge declaration on animal consciousness). The IQ of these animals is comparable to a small child and while their ability to think is not on par with an adult human that's not to say that it's absent. They just think with images as opposed to words.

• Killing a what?