Is it possible to restore old messages on andriod?

I decided to reset my phone and all my contacts are deleted obviously. I wasn't thinking about that :(

I need to call my manager but I forgot the number. :O

What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• In most cases, your contacts should have been synced to your Goggle (Gmail) account, in which case they should have been restored when you logged in to the phone the first time. If you weren't syncing to your Google account, then, no, they were wiped out... Which is a good lesson as to why you should take advantage of cloud services and sync your data.

I got myself a brand new phone a few months ago, and all I had to do was log into my Google account and all of my apps and ALMOST all of my data were automatically restored (I had a single app that didn't yet sync its data with Google, and required that I move a file over to the new phone manually).

• I did type in the same gmail ID but it didn't restore. I am so upset with this!
      Thanks tho

• Log into your Gmail on your computer and see if your contacts are there (click the red Gmail near the top left of the window and choose Contacts).

• Ok I will do that. Thank you! :)

• Nope I rand into that trouble too, you need to have a special app downloaded at the time to cache the data. You can always call your service provider or go online to simply see the call logs:)

• If u had sync on then u can
    If not then its gone

• Well there might be, but if you are not experienced enough with such things it might be a little bit dangerous since many things can go wrong. However, if you are still up to it this site might help www.recovery-android.com/...acts-from-android.html . Yet, I suggest you find someone who knows these things better.

• I'm assuming tech support could be of more use than G@G.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes but I wouldn't know how