Guys, Spanking with a belt or a paddle when you were little do you think its wrong or do you think its a good thing and it helped your behavior?

Did it sting did they spank you with clothes on or was it bare

6

Most Helpful Guy

• It teaches you respect, something kids nowadays don't know what it is.

What Guys Said 5

• I had my share of spanking both at home and at school. I can't say I enjoyed them at the time , but I think it taught me manners and something the world is sorely lacking... Respect for others... Soooooo

• Aall i know is the group i was raised with was spanked and we came out much more disiplined then kids today. Its ridiculous that spanking is child abuse now. I've heard kids threaten to actually kill their parents. (This was a 7ur old) just look in grocery stores at how kids act today. Its completly out of hand.

• Bare.. And I've been spanked with a butter knife, cloths hanger... Basically whatever was closest.. I don't know... I think being grounded was worse though.. I suppse it helped

• Bare, it made me feel vulnerable and I didn't trust my parents I always slept with my door locked and closed every night. One time around 9 years old they tried hitting me I grabbed the belt and whipped them in the face and asked them how they liked it and when they saw blood dripping they woke up and realized hitting does nothing then it was take away allowance and I never argued with them and usually I actually was a good kid my parents were really rough on me for no reason sometimes.

• i used to get hidings with a cane, and it taught me the fear of consequences when i messed up. The aside to this, is when I became a dad ( have three kids ) it also taught me to find a better way to discipline kids, using reason, rather than violence