Are you racist?

Not me

Most Helpful Guy

• According to what I've been studying recently... no one admits racism, most people won't say "I'm racist", but our society has many racist traits, which can make all of us a little racist, even if we don't realize it.

I got surprised after I saw the facts... I don't consider myself racist, but here in my country, most black people belong to the lower classes of our society. It's scary to see how much what happened in the past of slavery still affects our unconscious behavior towards the races that are not considered dominant.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup. I'm racist towards blacks, whites, Asians, etc.. I'm part of the Goddess race. The only members of that race are me and Beyonce. If you aren't me or Beyonce, then I am racist against you...

No, I'm not racist 😂😂

What Guys Said 23

• Maybe, I hope not. I wouldn't maliciously attack someone based on race, but I may say/do things that are racist unintentionally. If I said that I wasn't racist, then I wouldn't be able to reflect on how the things I say/do are racist when I unintentionally piss people off for racial reasons.

Instead, I would get offended that someone questioned my self-assessment as a non-racist, and nothing productive would result from there. Therefore, I don't know if I'm racist because saying that I'm not a racist would blind me from realizing my own unintentional racism.

• I'm not racist, but I'd like to take this opportunity to say that 97% of the things people accuse of being racist these days aren't actually racist. For example, just because a southern redneck mistakenly thinks that Black people generally like watermelon doesn't necessarily mean that he or she thinks black people are *inferior*. An example of somethign that's genuinley racist would be the videogame "ethnic cleansing."

• No.
    Are you sure you're not racist?
    Of course I'm sure.
    Does your parent know you are racists?
    No comment

• Technically I am for uptight pansies because of my stereotypical jokes other than that no I won't hate people because of their skin

• No. filler

• No way, Faye!

• No, I am not.

But, unfortunately, almost everyone is at least a little racist.

• I think almost everyone is a little bit...

• Nope, i don't believe in generalizing anyone.

• that's stereotyping, not being racist.

• @thewanderingme people are racist for a number of reasons, one is false logic, or generalizing an entire race of people because one sect of them decided against the greater good. Look throughout history, people blame other people because of their ancestors, their lineage, their mother or fathers decision as a direct communication of their ideals. And generalizing something is directly attributed to racism. So I am not saying your are wrong about it stereotyping but to say that generalizing an entire race for actions of another is in-fact, racism.

• Probably, but not as much as my girlfriend

• I'm not. I hate everyone equally.

• eh no, definitely not!

• Yes. Most people are.

• Yes, I won't do a race over twenty feet

• I'm really sorry but that bait and switch was far too tempting to pass up

• To an extent, I can be.

• Like 90% of the population, I'm a bit racist, but not really something that would affect anyone, it's more in my head by experiences I've had that I do sometimes label different traits with races

• No i just can't stand A holes : )

• I hate racist people..

• Nope, thank god

• Depends on how you define racist. In the disgustingly PC world we live in these days virtually anything gets called racist.

• everyone is

• Well all have our prejudices but I do not consider myself to be racist.

• Pretty much

What Girls Said 10

• That's the last fucking thing I am.
    No, no, nope, nein, NO!

• everyone is a little!

• I'd say yes. But it's just that I stereotype people a lot. Which would make me sexist as well.

Broad strokes gets more covered.

• Nope, not even against any possible aliens out there.

• No I'm not. All cultures are beautiful.

• no. there's certain things from various cultures I dislike, but I don't hate the person or look down on them because of it. (:

• No. I'm not racist.

• Of course I'm not racist.

• I like to think I'm not. I took some "implicit association" tests, for Hispanic vs. Non-Hispanic, and for black vs. white. I was neutral on both, no preference either way apparently. I feel like I must have some bias, but I honestly try to challenge myself any time I can.

• Is it racist to feel sorry for/pity a specific ethnic group? In my opinion, yes. By pitying them, I am minimizing their dignity and abilities and I am making myself superior. This type of racism is more descreet than the violent obvious racism.. but still it's racism.

In my opinion this type of racism is the worst. I am unconsciously thinking that they are useless, stupid and weak, and that they are in great need of my help, e. g the relationship between developing countries and the West. I think it's dangerous due to the fact that nothing can be done to stop this. It's inside of us. Deeply rooted in our brains and bodies. No laws or restrainments can stop it. And yes, this is visible to the victims. Believe me, they feel insecure too because of all the pity. I know, since I've experienced this myself. This kind of racism hurts more than stereotypes and prejudices. So basically I think everybody is racist. Including me and you.