Isn't it creepy how certain evil people were also smart?

I was once reading about former serial killer Ted Bundy. He had actually had a degree in psychology and even took a job at Seattle's Suicide Hotline crisis center.

He was also accepted into the law schools, reommended by several UW psychology professors.

And then this doctor actually killed his patients:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman

Updates:
I get more shocked by those actually smart individuals who at the same time, used their skills to do horrible things. If it's a dumb killer, it's not really a surprise but when it's a profesional that was well-known to others (even described as kind and polite) it is surprising.

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really creepy. That's exactly why they were so successful and dangerous. There is actually an observed abnormality in criminal IQ where you see the criminal IQ below the average on all levels, but then as the end of the bell curve comes along there is a massive jump.

In reality, morality and adherence to those morals is just another trait.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• You never hear about stupid evil people because they're to stupid to ever accomplish something noteworthy

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah it's just coincidence.

0|0
    0|0
    • true but still... it's shocking how they were able to deceive people for a while under their ''smart and kind'' mask, using that to their advantage
      those are the worse psychopaths ever; the masterminds and calculating ones

• I know what you mean, not all psychopaths are bad though and it's a complicated thing whether or not they're violent and evil, some of the best surgeons are psychopathic, they're good because they stay cool where others would fall apart.

• Being too smart is very risky. It is a constant control or batte to stay on the limits just before the brink of insanity. That's why we have spas. :) And sex... I dunno.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• yes it is!

0|0
    0|0
  • they have to be very smart in order to get away with what they do. You never hear about a serial killer who is an idiot and never got caught.

0|0
    0|0