You find out that your 14 year old child was a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct?

the mistake?
---
I am watching Switched At Birth so I thought I'd ask. I wouldn't exchange the child to correct the mistake and instead try to come to an agreement with the other family to keep the children where they are. And have visitations instead. For example, the children could go over at the other house sometimes and then come back home again. (if they don't cooperate, I'd take them to court).

I would have formed an inseparable bond with the child, I know for a fact I would miss him/her like crazy if they left for their original family. I wouldn't want to loose the child I raised for 14 years for forever. What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tuff call because the reality is, its not really up to me. Its up to the child's real parents. If they are with me keeping the child, yes of course. But id also want my true blood child as well.

• I agree it is a tough decision. Good explanation!

• Wow its indeed a peculiar situation

I think that would work. Hopefully the parents on both sides are reasonable. What if the parents that have your biological child dont have a very positive environment at home. Would you feel obligated to take him/her back

• Yes I would. I'd find evidence that he/she was being abused and take it to court. But it would be difficult to find evidence because many families are good at hiding it well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same! I would want to get to know the other person that would be my child though. I don't think I could just say " ok you're not mine so i'm going to switch you", they'd be mine none the less, I cared for them, watched them grow etc.

What Guys Said 4

• This is why my son was out of my line of sight for exactly zero seconds from the moment of his birth to our departure from the hospital.

• Omg i always asked my moom what if i was a switch up
    she said she's not giving me up

anyway id let the kids decide but if it were up to me id take my real son and let him visit his other family , givie them their son and whenevr they wanted to vivit me or the others it would be fine

• No it's too late now.

• How could you not know just by looks that they aren't your kid all the way to age 14...

What Girls Said 2

• I would just return her and vist her often... i never seen it but yeah!!! lol

• Aw shit and the fact that this stuff happens :/
    I was thinking the same way. I'd also feel bad though if I didn't want the child to go back to the original family. Uggh this is overwhelming!