Would it bother you if your ex didn't say hi to you when hanging out with mutual friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly. I would find it extremely rude. However, I wouldn't find it rude because she's my ex-girlfriend but simply because that's a very rude thing to do. Imagine yourself meeting a group of people and one of them just doesn't say hi to you. I'd be like "what is wrong with that person? I don't bite". In my country, we even greet strangers in certain situations. For example a lot of people here go for walks or hiking regularly and if you go for a walk in the forest or at a lake and you pass a stranger, you greet them and they greet you back. Also when entering an elevator in a public building such as a department store, you would greet the people who are already inside the elevator and they then greet you back. That's just considered being polite and respectful and if you don't do it, you tend to come across as rude. If it's not even a stranger but an old friend or an ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend and they just ignore you and pretend that you don't exist, that would be extremely disrespectful. Nobody forces them to engage in a serious, long-winding talk with you but anyone should be capable of uttering a few words such as "Hello, how are you?".

What Guys Said 2

• In a way because although the connection has broken there's still the fact that we know each other well. Unless the split was a volatile one or one sided. Then I would understand the reason why. x

• Na, she's the past.

What Girls Said 0