Do you like pit bulls?

Do you like pit bulls?

• Yes
  • No, I personally don't
  • No and I think they should be banned
  • Neutral

Most Helpful Guy

• They are actually my favorite breed, my pit-lab mix is amazing, and I have a neighbor, with a full blood pit bull. Same with my friend, they are the friendliest dogs I have ever met, and I found them to be just as protective as my German Shepard

Most Helpful Girl

• i think they deserve a chance as a breed. statistics do show that there are a lot more incidents with them than other dogs; but i think if the breeding and ownership, and training of them were more controlled it would do them a world of good, especially in reputation. i have met a couple of pitty mixes who were wonderful dogs. i also own a doberman which were originally bred as protectors and used in ww2 to fight, and kill. but they were salvaged, and remain protective, but huge sweetie pies to their family. so i think despite it's reputation and past, the pit bull is capable of being a loving family pet.

What Guys Said 18

• i think they are great dogs... the perception that they are violent is so misguided.

unfortunately people train them to be aggressive but in raise as any other dog they are sweet, loyal, and very docile

• Pit bulls are kind of like humans: Their demeanor and personality is shaped in a large part by their environment and upbringing.

• Of course, their incredibly adorable as a pup and fully grown. Might even own one someday but I'm more of a German Shepherd lover.

• Hell to the yeah :)
    a friend has one and he's really sweet

• Aww how can this get downvoted?
      Bulldogs can be sweet teddy bears :/

• Looks like someone sent through and downvoted all the pit lovers haha. And they say pit bull owners are the ignorant ones ;)

• Lol I earned myself another one

Anyway, always ok to blame the dog and not the owner hm

• Way too unpredictable. Not for me!

• Have you been around them personally?

• @asker To try and stop things like THIS happening. Now go bury your head in the sand as you obviously just don't understand.

www.dogsbite.org/...ng-safe-family-dog-attacks.php

• Confirmation bias... Of course you will find links to support your side. Did you even read any of those though? It's obvious that there are soooo many factors apart from breed that lead to an attack. Pit bull owners are high-risk and it's obvious that most of these cases were due to neglect on the owner's part.

• They are one disgusting azz breed juz like Asian boi!

• I love my pit bull, click on my profile picture and you will see her sleep next me.

• Aww cute! The one in the post used to be mine

• Do you miss the dog?

• I do from time to time but I couldn't keep him because he chased my cats. He went to a good family so I'm at peace with it. I've fostered before though, so I'm kinda used to it.

• They were bred to fight, so no, gimmie a fluffy golden retriever or lab anyway

• Yes! They are so cute and huggable :P

• Yeah :) my cousin in America has one and he is friendly

• never had a pit bull so couldnt say

• not a fan of them, I prefer other dogs

• I like snakes

• The stats are that they are overwhelmingly more dangerous than any other breed.

I don't avoid individuals if they are well behaved but they are a terrible choice yet have become one of the most common breeds in North America.

• You do realize it's not a breed but a general term describing many different dogs lumped into one category? That's why the statistics are skewed.

Have you had any personal experience with them?

• I've had a few friends with them.

The statistics are not skewed. Yes I'm aware pit bull is used to describe several formerly rare breeds but you used the term. The few breeds that are included in the 'put bull' category are responsible for more fatalities than every other breed put together. The idea that they are just like all other dogs is a farce. (Not to suggest that all other dogs are identical. Rottweilers and Labradors are not equally dangerous)

• I love all animals but dislike the angry people that abuse these dogs to make them mean. Their nature is to serve man and to love.

• Yeah I like them. They are so strong though lol.

• No I think they should be banned. There's a lot of people who own pitbulls who are on the trip of "it's all about the owner how the dog is" blah blah blah. But the truth is not all dogs are the same and they are bread for specific purposes and have temperaments specific to their breed, pitbulls are prone to snapping and biting or launching a full on attack because they're unstable vs something like a golden retriever. They're bread for their aggressiveness and ability to do damage, you don't need something like that if you're a normal person or a person with judgment. Plus the consequences of something like a pitbull going apeshit are far worse than something like a retriever. Then there's the issue that certain types of dogs do tend to get owned by certain types of people, scummy people have dogs like that to look tough, idiots have them because they don't think it'll ever be a problem.

• How many pit bulls have you owned?

• Suit yourself. If you can't answer a simple question, that's your problem not mine.

• I've answered the question fully and succinctly, you just don't want to hear the fact that dogs like that are a fucking liability owned by morons.

• they are an ugly breed of dogs

• Why do you think they're ugly? You do know there's a WIDE variety of pits and mixes, right?

• yes I only find English pitt bulls when they are puuups to be cute but otherwise nahh

• I don't think hardly any of them are ugly. Some of them are just plain, so-so looking, some are cute, and I've seen some that are just gorgeous.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't think they deserve the rep they have but I'm not personally a fan.

I am not a fan of short haired dogs and the way many of the "traditional" bully breeds' faces are shaped puts me off. I don't like the scrunched up nose look or the loose skin on the jowls. I also am not a fan of stocky looking dogs. Now, some pits don't have these traits (minus the short hair) and they're okay looking but still not my favorite.

But I feel the same way about them as I do about other short haired dogs with scrunched up faces like bulldogs and pugs. Not a fan.

But I don't think the breed should be wiped off the earth. They're just not for me. I'm more of a German Shepherd/husky type. So you know it's no the aggressive streak that bothers me because both GSDs and huskies are known for aggression lol

• OF COURSEEEE!!! ❤❤❤
    I love them, just like I love all dogs.
    It's so sad that they get such a bad rep... 😔

• Not really.
    I don't find them particularly cute, and I always get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when I take my dog to the park, let her off leash and see an un-leashed pit bull heading her way. Usually with the owner busy texting or talking on their phone, so not ready to deal with their dog getting aggressive with mine.

• I like 'em, and I own one. Sure my dog can be annoy a. f., but I wouldn't trade him for any other breed. :T

• I know they say it's the owner's fault if a dog turns vicious and violent but those aren't breeds I'm a fan of. I would be ok with a German Shepherd.

Not sure if that's even a pit bull. It doesn't look like one.

• He's a mix but he was labeled as one.

• no I am scared of them.

• Pitbulls are adorable! All dogs are really, so cute!!

• Yes, I think they're an awesome breed.

• I mean, how can you not love this beautiful face!
      cdn-7.dooziedog.com/.../main.jpg

All the pitbull terriers I have ever met, were the most loving, adorable dogs you could meet. It's such a shame disgusting human beings ruined their reputation by forcing them to fight.

• Thanksm that's a gorgeous pup... looks like an AmStaff :) Do you like the one in my question?

• Yea, he's a beauty! :)

• I love them a few of my friends have blue nose and red nose pits they are sweetie pies

• Not particularly...
    I don't know their nature, but I hear things...

• I was terrified of them until I accidentally brought one home :P I kept waiting and waiting for her to turn psycho and she never did.

• Well that's great =)

I had one friend whose dog (Doberman) bit half of her bottom lip playing with her. We were in the second grade of grade school...
      Some dogs don't have to be nutty to hurt a human being in play... o. O It's what puts me off of some breeds.

• Dobies scare me a little honestly but I haven't been around them. Same with rotties... I've been around quite a few bulldogs though and a lot of them have been unstable (and NONE of my pits have been in the slightest)

• No they usually cause problems

• I don't like or dislike them. My brother has one, she's cute but too active for me.