Someone made a fake profile of my girlfriend? What do we do?

They used 3 of her photos but the name is different. They made some friends from a particular city so we kinda suspect when they are from. I reported the account and i told my girlfriend to ask her friends do the same. I tried some methods on tracking them but im afraid that it might be illegal and i dont want police at my doorstep. So i haven't taken any further action. What else is there to do? Facebook takes years to shut down a fake prifile thats for sure!

Most Helpful Girl

• Some one did the same with my friend. FB took it down once her and her other friends started reporting the account.

• After how much time since her report?

• Did you find out who it was and why they did that?

• As far as I know they haven't. We suspect it might be her ex-husband or maybe his new girlfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone stole a picture of my girlfriends profile too, we did shit. Just a picture relax :)

• Its not something to relax. thats totally wrong.

• I'll be waiting for an apology after it gets better

• for?

What Girls Said 2

• report him asap!

• Not much you can do but alert Facebook. If they start posting pictures and saying outrageous stuff you could call the police because it can be considered identity theft.

• Thing is we can't see what they post. I can't cause im not friends with the profile and my girlfriend can't because they blocked her

• And then do what..

• nope i know nothing about something like that

What Guys Said 1

• You won't get the cops to your door for tracking someone on FB, especially with good reason.

• I meant tracking his home adress..

• Nope, it's perfectly legal. Anything on Facebook is public information.

• But you dont find it through facebook thats the point. Whatever im afraid to use these methods. Some may refer to it as hacking