Is it weird that I hate Christmas music?

I'm no Scrooge, like, I do like Christmas; I just cannot stand the music. I have no idea why. Does anyone else have this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the same shit every year. The same tired tracks every year.
    When these tracks were written and recorded, the artists didn't plan, nor do I imagine they even wanted them to be played annually for decades.
    I don't like any popular modern artists, but if at least 4 or 5 major artists put out an Christmas track each year, it would sure break up the monotony of it all.

Plus, how many of these Christmas tracks actually are there? I mean, think of all the songs you could put into an Christmas playlist. Probably not very many, is it? If this playlist was hours and hours long, it might even get away with being the same annually, but it's not. It's like the same 20 or 30 songs, which probably make up about a few hours worth of actual music, on shuffle for potentially hours on end every Christmas.

• I think that's what I hate the most! That and when people play it before December even has started 😑

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe the religious element bothers you

• I'm not super religious but I would say I am a Christian. I think it actually may be it is overplayed, like the same songs all the time.

What Guys Said 3

• I just always feel like the people who have to tell everyone how much they love Christmas music are trying too hard.

And then they freak out or feel sorry for you when you say it's meh.

• I don't think anyone really likes Christmas music.

• After reading all the responses I believe you sir are correct. Like, no one at all. And if that's the case why do we all suffer through it EVER SINGLE YEAR? 😩 Lol

• Same reason why Justin Bieber is popular.

• No, I hate Christmas music too. Especially if it is played before Thanksgiving.

• Right! What is with people? I will tolerate it for Christmas but no sooner than December lol

• I don't know. I agree with you. haha

What Girls Said 1

• No I really hate it too. It gets played EVERYWHERE and they're the same songs every year. Can nobody make a good Christmas song these days?