What's more important: School or Sleep?

sleeeeeeeep
please say sleeeeeeeeep

• School
  • Sleep (vote for this one)

Most Helpful Guy

• Theoretically, sleep is more important; but society forces you to go to school at stupid hours.

• Even worse is staying hours taking worthless clases you're not even going to apply in the future or them thinking my SAT scores means I'm so smart overall (nope, I'm still learning things in life) that it's all they focus on; your life being dictated by a standardized exam and stupid classes.

Those are hours of my time I'll never get back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck yeah sleep. I skipped college classes so many times because sleep. And when I was in high school I faked sick just to sleep more.

Fuck, I even fake sick at work sometimes to come home and sleep.

What Guys Said 46

• This is my theory on it all.
    Short answer... sleep is more important.

But don't think that means you can get away with not going to school!
    This is what I've always been told/taught: School should be the priority but you shouldn't sacrifice your sanity for it. Don't be a workaholic and do nothing but work all day every day so that your health declines. However, you should try your best to put school first and be wise about it so you don't have that.

Work on stuff in advance, don't procrastinate, and study for stuff more than the night before. If you don't do that and end up suffering as a result, you unfortunately have no excuses lol

-----
    So basically, prioritize school until you feel you are about to break. School is important, believe it or not. In the short term it sucks, but in the long term it can make or break life.
    If you have time to go on GAG, chances are you have time to sleep... which means you have no reason to skip or not do school.

• I dunno I just woke up from a fucked up dream. But school starts in about 3:20PM so I have all the time. But I guess school's more important. You can sleep at any time you're home after all.

• That is not true at all, your sleep is determined by your circadian rhythm. You also are less likely to feel sleepy after having been exposed to blue light (because it inhibits melatonin production). And being waken up at any point can disrupt the sleep phases prematurely. You CAN'T just go sleep whenever you want, because you will probably not fall asleep.

• @Mesonfielde same result tho.. whatever the reason is

• @cinderelli... no it really isn't the same thing at all, that's like saying "oh he's staying in, it's because there's snow outside and the door is blocked" and "oh he's staying in because he has clinical depression, same result so same thing" Like f*** no, that's not how things work.

• Sleep is more important because if you don't sleep, you won't be healthy and therefore can not go to school. However, if you get too much sleep it can also cause problems. Try and get the amount of sleep your body requires.

If you have to go to bed early to make your school schedule then so be it.

• Even though it was a long time ago I was never a fan of school but I am not a fan of sleep either - I kinda resent getting tired and having to sleep, I always think it is such a waste of time.

• Fuck school.. I passed 1st year algebra with no sleep and no food... Mayb it depends on what year your inj

• I was about to say School, but then again u can die without sleep. U can live without school, so maybe it is sleep!

• Sleep, if you don't sleep you can't stay awake and you can't stay awake then you can't work, so don't stay awake fall asleep so you ca stay awake... lol

• I chose sleep over school, and I think I turned out... okay, maybe I'm not the best example, but at least I'm ha... okay, I'm not the happiest person in the world, but I don't feel dumber for having not chosen school.

Come over to the dark side; It's SOOO comfy here 😋😴😴😴

• Yes, I would "SLEEP". Of course school is important but more important than that is SLEEP.

• Sleep, you can't even do school without enough sleep.

• Snuggling trumps both!

• Sleep with you

• Depends on your genetic coding. Its hard to go against attributres that are natural to you. Some feel sleep is not important because you'll sleep all you want once you die and you should maximize your time here. Some like to indulge in lifes pleasure

Its hard to compare the two lol... one is a biolgoical necessity and the other is a desire. You need to figure out if your desire is stronger that a necessity... for some it is

• Hahaha there was a little attempt to influence the poll 8) :D
    I guess you had a bad night?
    You should have been in Belgium, all schools in Brussels, university included, were closed due to the terror alert :-(
    You would have had a day off...

• I vote for sleep, all the way ;)

• SLEEP IS MOST important, don't go to school for 10 days, you will be happy like Christmas.
    Don't go to sleep for 10 days you will look like a freaking zombie.
    Your pick.
    MHO would be nice

• Sleep. You learn less efficiently when you're tired.

• Sleep is more important. But don't you think it makes you entitled to sleep in tomorrow and miss school. Or sleep instead of doing your homework, kid :)

• If you're trying to talk yourself out of going to class.

Go to class...

• Definitely them sleep.. I hate school or having to do school shit...

• I've missed School just bc I haven't Slept well
    So it would be Sleep
    School is just a place where I go to meet my friends...

• school but without sleep you aren't very productive there...

but whatever... off to school with you

• I don't believe you're that lazy 😂

• school because I will have enough sleep once i have a good job

• Unless you want to be "that guy" or "that girl" in collage/work i would suggest going to school and not sleeping all day like some lazy bum.

• Sleep in school problem solved win win situation

• Sleeeeeeeeep. 😴😴😴
    I WORK IN RETAIL. I NEED MY SLEEP. 😂

• Okay, lack of school leads to uneducation,
    Lack of sleep can lead to hallucination, psychosis and death

• lol school can wait unless you have an exam.

• They're equally important. Without sleep you'd be a zombie. Without school you'd have zombie brains. So try to find a balance. And if you think school sucks, wait until you start working.

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 30

• Sleep and whoever said school is wrong. Without sleep we can't perform to the best of our abilities while we're at school and I'm just talking about a day without sleep.

If we go several days to a week without it we'll die... But I mean at we'll have an "education" right?

• SLEEP!!! Science says so too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t3R9WqEm4M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAuzUt4170A

and here are sources which cite research done by academic institutes (universities) healthland.time.com/.../
    www.psychologytoday.com/.../is-extra-hour-study-time-worth-it

• I mean, missing school does affect your future. You're going to have plenty of time to sleep in when you can't get a good job. 😊😊😊😘😘😘

• School...
    And then sleep. xD

But you can't expect great results if you don't sleep... so one is dependent on the other.

• I vote sleep!

• School of course.

Yeah, no one saw that coming from my mouth...

but yeah, school is more important... well, not school, learning

• Sleep! - without sleep you're body will eventually stop functioning.
    Without school? Tsss you might fail later in life but at least you can still live 💁🏻

• SLEEEEEEEP... Zzzzzzz...

• Both are important in life.

• Sleep.

Without school, you'll just be more ignorant than the next person...
    Sleep depravation will make you go crazy and eventually die...
    At a slow pace...

So a dumb person can live longer than an unhealthy one.

• Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!

• LoL, sleeping is one of the most important things, I vote B ;)

• I love sleep more but obviously school is more important

• School, sleep can be put on hold for one night. (procrastinate wisely) You only get 1 GPA.

• i voted for sleep

• You didn't have to tell me to vote for sleep. I would have voted for it... in my sleep. Some of life's greatest mysteries are solved by interpreting dreams. After a proper rest, mind and body are rejuvenated.

• when i first went away to college i found out the hard way that sleep is more important by a tiny bit because if you dont have good amount of sleep, then your grade will suffer.

• It can go either way with me. Sometimes I give up on life and fall asleep & other times I think I just go crazy & stay up forever to finish

• I wanna say sleep is important but there has been points in my life where I've woken up at 3-4am for school and therefore sacrificed my sleep. Therefore picking school over sleep. Sucks doesn't it

• Sleep is more useful :)

• If we don't get enough sleep we wouldn't be able to actually function at school so yes sleep is more important o3o

• Sleep is more important. Without it you wouldn't be awake for school.

• Sleep is more important because how are you able to focus in school when you're falling asleep in class all the time?

• if you don't sleep you don't function at school well ;)

• sleep is more important

• Sleepis definitely more important 😂😂😂

• Food! 💕
    ••••••

• The only thing more important than sleep is pizza.

• Sleep! Because who needs education!

• What's more important than sleep?
    (other than food)