Should I apply and would I get approved?

So, I never had any credit. The last year or so I have tried to build it. I am at a 620 and short on cash for the holidays. I was thinking about applying for a JC Penny or Wal Mart credit card. I do not want to apply, get denied and have a hit lol. Opinions please on if I should and how likely will it be that I get approved.

Most Helpful Guy

• You won't because my credit score is 720. Yours is terrible for your age.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its best you just bake cookies and make a gift card save your money for you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Wal-Mart would be your better bet out of the two places you listed. You have more of a variety of things to purchase there. Getting a credit card there will help you build credit to get one at a bank or a company like Visa or MasterCard.

• Hmm... you could apply for a Capitol one credit card to help build your credit. They are easy to get if you don't have anything bad on your credit report like collections or remarks.

• I don't know for sure but I wouldn't because mine was like 670 or something and I got rejected and it made it worse :(