Why do transexuals complain about straight guys?

There's this program about transexuals finding love that's about to be broadcast in the UK, and in a clip the transwoman says (not exactly) "It confuses me why straight men get so afraid about what's down there (a cock)"...

Th very reason most of us straight guys won't go for a transwoman is because of the junk she has and how we're not attracted to it. Even if she still has it, we're still turned off by the fact that she used to.

Most Helpful Girl

• No everyone is turned off by that. My brother is a FTM and has had many girlfriends. Sure, knowing they used to be a different gender is odd but that was in the past. It would be best not to dwell on it.

Most Helpful Guy

• People have changed the meaning of language. That's an observation, not a complaint.

But most people used 'woman' to mean 'someone with a vagina' and 'man' to mean 'someone with a penis'.

If someone with a penis was attracted to others with penises who identified as men, they viewed themselves as homosexual. If someone with a penis who identified as a man was attracted to people with vaginas who identified as women, they were 'heterosexual'.

Now I understand that these binary descriptions don't describe anyone. In fact, I'm friends with someone who was born intersex. Okay. And I recognize that we have, for example, people who happen to have a penis who view themselves and feel that they are women. That's fine. And they'd like to be recognized as women. THat's also fine.

But to then express surprise that heterosexual men aren't interested in them is to deliberately (or perhaps not, but its certainly loose with terms) pretend that heterosexual always meant 'attracted to women', when actually, it primarily means for most men 'attracted to humans with vaginas'. Most men seem to only be interested in women (new definition) who have vaginas. But the vagina is, for most though not all heterosexual men, critical.

What Girls Said 1

• would you have sex with her if she had surgery?

• No. No I wouldn't.

• well then I guess they are annoyed cause straight boys still see them as guys

What Guys Said 10

• If we treated gender dysphoria for what it really is, a mental illness, we wouldn't have transsexuals. There would be no anxiety for them to face, there wouldn't be any need to spend money on hormones and sex changes, there wouldn't be discrimination. We could invest in finding drugs and treatments right now that could cure them and let them lead normal, happy lives. Just like those that suffer from bipolar or paranoia.

But NOOOOO, let's just pretend this is a real and special thing that people can flip flop between their sex. That way those suffering from gender dysphoria can continue to suffer while be just put a hand on their shoulders and say, "Everything is fine."

• The reason most straight guys are interested in a so-called "transwoman" is that "she" is not a woman. She's a man who has a serious mental disorder who needs help.

• What a bummer. People are not attracted to other people with a clear mental disorder who mutiliate their bodies and especially their genitals and with whom they can't have children. Not to mention that 99% of trans you can still see which sex they biologically are.

• I'm turned off by it.
    I will never date someone who was previously a man. Like it or not they're still a man. Born a man, just with a different skin.

I like women who were born a woman, simple as that.

• Become most straight guys don't want transexuals and prefer an natural born girl, for obvious reasons.

• The only time a straight guy has to worry is if the tranny is hitting on him and didn't give hints its a transgender like getting free drinks in a bar

• I seen this too...

OMG! Such a huge shocker that straight guys don't like penises! *sarcasm*

• I'd suggest you wait to see the program in full before asking questions like that. Context is quite important. It's quite dangerous to jump in to a conversation too soon and before you really know what your talking about.

• Whatever. I'll watch it and still ask the same questions.

• Lol. Fair enough. I'd watch something else then mate.

• I'm going to watch it to pass time and laugh at how dumb it is haha

• Forget whether he still has it [the D], or used to have it, they don't have vaginas or clitorises,

• I hope it doesn't come to the US. It's bad enough we have to deal with Caitlyn Jenner TV shows.