Do YOU know how to stick up for yourself?

Let's say someone was insulting you or whatever... Can you defend yourself?

I dont mean physically!

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually just ignore and act like the bigger man, it always worked, that's why I was never bullied in school, cause I projected the "I don't give a fuck about what you're saying about me", so they stopped, and now if someone talks shit about me I just do the same.
    My worth isn't measured in the words of other people, it's measured in what I think I'm worth, so I couldn't care less what they think.
    This has always work cause people realize that what the other person is saying, is nonsense, cause if they see I don't care, they won't care either.
    I will only step up and confront the person if what they're saying is gonna really affect me personally, like for example telling my girlfriend that I'm cheating, or that I'm saying stuff behind her back. Stuff like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can, but I usually avoid confrontation and conflict. I prefer to just walk away.

• Good answer, I agree. I tend to step in if I see an injustice going on such as racism or bulling.

What Guys Said 29

• Absolutely. I don't need to pull it out often but the last time I did I walked away happy with a grown ass man crying. Didn't lay a finger on him.

• I have a quick wit so I can hang with the best of them , not bad with the right hook if it comes to it ; even tho you did say not physical

• Yes, I believe I know how to do that. Although it's restricted to certain areas only, but yes I can do that if I think it has to be done. I won't care who is in front of me, even if they are my parents, if I have to stand up for myself than I will.

• There's always the Internet these days, if you want to make it public, which often is the solution..

• Yeah and fucking despise how they sometimes try and act like the victim because you're firing them up so bad after they came at you all unprovoked

• Yes. Although usually if it's a stranger or some random dbag I don't care enough to say anything back. They're welcome to think of me as they like; their opinions don't really weigh much on my pride.

• I can. I can stay pretty damn calm, that tends to throw a person off that your not rattled. I also have a knack for seeing a person's vulnerability.. So if the worse case scenario comes to play I can shut em down real quick. It can be pretty harsh, so I use it only as a last resort.

• Yes, happens around the office pretty often

• No. I can't in that sense. I can stand up for myself when someone is being unfair or someone is pushing me around.

• Well my motto used to be
    Talk Shit, Get HIT!
    But now I just ignore it or troll em.

• I'm not trying to brag, but I'm gonna have to. I'm extremely quick on feet and I'm sharp as a rack. Bring it on average everyday dumbasses

• Guy in my school: Hey, four eyes. I bet you jack off 50 times a day.
    Me: That's still WAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

• Well, normally yes because I can be a sarcastic person normally just use that to my advantage to show them how foolish they sound insulting others.

• I don't really bother sticking up for myself unless it's absolutely necessary. Most of the time I ignore whoever is insulting me, unless it's constructive criticism. Sometimes, I can't see my own mistakes, so it's helpful if someone understands my mistakes and point it out. I get really pissed when someone else is getting hurt or abused, though.

• I try not to get involved in "verbal warfare", but sometimes people blow things out of proportion. Especially if they disagree with you on something. Usually it's over dumb shit too.

• I've never been in such a situation, but I can't imagine having difficulty defending myself.

• It really depends on my mood

• Physically,
    Verbally,
    Mentally,

Yes I can.

• yeah. i'm not bitch made.

• yes my verbal repertoire is surpassed by none in its divine elegance.

• Yes, I believe I do.

• Looks like something happened with you?
    Hmmm tbh no one dares to insult me irl...

• Yes, but i mean more physically.

• Oh yeah! :)

• I let my fists do the talking 👊🏼

• yes. i always do.

• I can do both but I can really pick someone apart with words If it's a body part I'll have you wanting to remove it

• My tongue is my deadliest weapon just ask my girlfriend

• Yup... when I jerk off, my stick is up

What Girls Said 21

• Depends on the person who's insulting me.
    With most people I believe I can stick up for myself, but some are so intimidating that I become a pussy I guess. But in most cases I do try. I don't like letting people walk all over me.

• Yes, I have always been fiery. :)

• oh 100% LOL. 1 0 0 % .

• Sure I can, I am not leaving without putting up a fight :). Ask the individuals who taught they can say whatever they please to my little brother.

• Yes I have always stood up for what I believed in. If the other person just won't listen or the argument goes on for to long. I just say screw it. They are just going to keep being stupid and it's pointless to argue anymore. Still I will never let anyone push me around ever. Even as a little a kid I would never let anyone push me around. So I will always stand my ground even if nobody else will.

• Yeah I am pretty good at it but I think it is better not to fight back. I do fight back most of the time but the bible says you should not fight back until the time is right.

• No not really I just walk away!

• I can stick up for myself just fine but if someone tries to insult my kid they can catch these hands. Real shit.

• Yes. I've had to learn.

• Yes, but I rarely say anything because I don't take those people seriously. Unless you never shut up in which case you get really fucking annoying and I'll curse you out.

• I usually shut down to be honest, so no. It's a weakness.

• this happens... they better get their ears ready! >:( >:(

• I know how to not give a single shard of poop really well, LOL. And be crazy. I'm pretty damn safe from peoples' trying attempts at insulting me.

• I excel in that area! 😁

• >_> Anyone/everyone who knows me knows that I handle ass.

• Of course I can. And they best beware. I'm a sleeping giant...

• Yes. A verbal whiplash topped with a few blows will do.

• I talk with my fists.

• yup. i might elect not to, to save energy lol. but i could if i was so inclined.

• Yes I would tell them to stop

• I thought you meant physically at first, but when I actually read your question I got excited. Physically I'm kinda weak and have never even been in a real fight. That doesn't matter anyways. I'm pretty much known for standing up for myself. Most of the boys in my school have little to no respect for females so I got bullied a bit. The thing is I'm very smart and have a way with words. I don't know how, but I have a comeback for pretty much any insult. I'm pretty good at insulting people. My friends always make fun of me because when I argue with people I insult them with a smile on my face and like the happiest voice possible. It's weird, but effective. So I don't get bullied anymore and I'm pretty much queen of the rejects. It's pretty easy for me to make friends with the weirdos because I'm a weirdo, but when they're geting bullied they always come to me because I'm always ready to deliver a verbal attack.