Do you think euthanasia should be legal for anyone who wants to die?

I'm talking anyone, not just people with illness. I personally am for it, I think it should be a public service for anyone who wants to die to easily end their life with doctor assisted suicide.

What do you think?

• Yes, I am for it.
  • No, I am against it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I probably would've done it myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I support it.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes but there's got to be some strict limits and a lot of hoops to jump through. Mental illness I think should not be included. I think it should be reserved for people with terminal illnesses. Doctors and psychiatrists need to ok it too I think.

• Yes. I am also pro-suicide.

• no I'm totally against that. we seriously can't be THAT STUPID as a society to think of death as a public service. disgusting.

• Not unless they are suffering from a fatal illness.

• No way! I don't think ending your life because of whatever shit you're going through is going to solve anything. Other then being incredibly sick, I don't think its right

What Guys Said 3

• If you are suffering from a fatal illness yes,
    As someone with depression not in that case.
    There are some days in the past I wanted to die. There are a couple of times I put a knife to my vein and pressed. Saved by a knife being too dull the first time. The second I stopped once it started to hurt and I realize that if I'm afraid of pain like that maybe I can hold off on this whole death thing.
    What we absolutely need is free mental healthcare in this country allong with free medical care. That would help a whole lot of people.
    The only way I'd want to be able to legally punch my own ticket is if I was terminally ill as in the words of the now deceased (Brain cancer) right to die advocate Brittany Maynard.
    When my suffering becomes too great, I can say to all those I love, "I love you; come be by my side, and come say goodbye as I pass into whatever's next." I will die upstairs in my bedroom with my husband, mother, stepfather and best friend by my side and pass peacefully. I can't imagine trying to rob anyone else of that choice.”
    If I ever really got terminally ill, she makes a point that there isn't a better way to go than like that. Lucid and surrounded by the people you love. Because In the words of the protagonists father in the dresden files, "everyone dies alone. That's what it is. It's a door. It's one person wide. When you go through it, you do it alone. But it doesn't mean you've got to be alone before you go through the door. And believe me, you aren't alone on the other side."

• This is a massive debate with no right answer.

We are fucked either way.

• Its sickening to allow someone to commit suicide. A normal person would value their life, we should not encourage them to suicide by giving them options!