Girls can't help but be sexually attracted to alpha males because it's evolution. Agree or disagree?

I've seen a few people claim stuff like this from men and women. Do you agree or disagree with the notion that women can't help but be sexually attracted to alpha males because its evolution?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not that women are biologically attracted to "alpha" men, it's just 7/10 times they're the one with the balls to ask us out.

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing with the word "alpha" is that there isn't exactly a clear cut definition that everyone agrees on. Generally guys who lots of women want to have sex with are called alpha, while guys who have traits that are mainly desirable for long-term relationships are called betas. Guys who can get non-commitment sex=alpha. Guys who can only get sex after committing first=beta. Not saying I agree with it but that seems to be the distinction people make.

Do I think there are certain traits that women are often institutionally drawn to and turned on by?

yeah

Should we label the group of men who posses theses seductive traits alphas?

It really doesn't matter

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly I don't and can't speak for every women on the planet... To be honest I just want some one who cares, respect me and himself... I don't want someone who let me push him down over and over again... i would hate that and what if he doesn't even have anything to keep him happy... I wouldn't like it... But I don't want a guy who is controlling and flirting with every single girl... that would piss me off... hahah so I rather date someone who normal... not some sterotype label!

• It depends, if the alpha male is hot well sure. But I usually find non alpha more attractive

What Guys Said 7

• I personally don't believe in this alpha beta crap. We're not wolves!

Aside from that, I have noticed that women get attracted to 'good looking' men, irrespective of whether he's alpha or not.

• this. in this modern day and age - alpha = good looking guy beta = unattractive looking guy. really all there is too it, nothing more or less.

• @verticallyinsecure

That's probably because this guy you mention has wagonloads of cash!

• not at all @aficionado, upper middle class

• People that take initiative are going to get what they want...

Initiative exudes confidence and that in it self for women is arousing.

• Again, when people use the term alpha male they are quote A discredited research.
    B. A term that wasn't supposed to apply to humans in the first place

• U mean Alpha wolves? Cannus Lupus is alpha and beta, not homo sapien

• By Alpha, you're meaning the ones who impress the girls and win them over from the other guys? Yes. Girls do like that.

• Women are attracted to men with attractive qualities. Status is a particularly strong attractor but there are lots of others. Some seem to be constant, like intelligence or good looks, some are the fashions of the moment.

Except in the sense of high status 'alpha male' is bullshit.

• Probably it's evolution. The feeling protected part. It's like us guys feel °—° when we see a hot girl, we want to pass our genes or something. But... will you accept that you'll always bow down to your primitive urges? Times are different now... and I can protect my girl even I don't look buff enough, I have a gun, I am smart, and athletic, the only thing I have to protect her is from financial tigers. Like batman... be more than just a man. As for women, be more than just a woman. It is time...