My employee wants my class schedule. Is this legal?

I work at a national pharmacy chain. They asked for my class schedule next semester. Is this legal?

Thank you for your responses. Perhaps I should have provided this information - normally, all the staff members provide their availability (when we can work) to the store. I've been there for more than two years, and they never asked for our class schedule. So I was really surprised to get these responses, I had no idea how other workplaces do it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure if it's legal/illegal, but it is legal for them to know your availability. After all, if you can't work, they'll need to find someone else.

• Thank you for your input.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• It's easier for then to make the schedule around your classes. They're doing you a favor lol why would it be illegal.

• That's true. Thank you for your input.

• Where I live it's legal, if you want to keep your job while studying then you better give them your schedule so they can work around it.
    Working there is a privilege not a RIGHT! You're lucky to have the job. A lot of people don't.

• I guess they can fire me then

• @ConsultantIsBack lol, it's not surprising. Probably thinks "I'm going to college, I will have a degree! I'm holier than thou!"

• I should be able to work only when I want to. BC I'm a princess.

• Yes it's legal.
    Just volunteer it. I've done the same for jobs in the past. Let them know what your schedule is so they don't give you hours that don't work with your class time.

• We give them our availability.

• You are not very smart, are you?

• No, I'm not. I've been called stupid.

• Yes, it's legal.

What Girls Said 3

• Well unless you want them to schedule you during times that clash with your school schedule then it would be a good idea to tell them it.

• Yes, they just want to see what times are best, make sure you're being honest, make sure you have enough time for work and homework. A lot of employers will do this.

• I don't understand why you care so much about it?
    Is it really that big of a deal?

• I guess they never asked for it before so I was curious if it was legal.

• I understand that, but you made a comment like "they can fire me then" or something like that.
      I don't know if you were serious or being sarcastic, but you shouldn't care about it that much... it's not a huge deal.

And it's also very common.
      Even minimum wage jobs ask for a schedule.