America is becoming a joke to the rest of the world. True or false?

Do you think America is becoming a joke to the rest of the world? If so, why?

• True
  • False

Most Helpful Guy

• Joke is the wrong word

As an outsider I think 'cynicism' is the right term. One which has always been attached to America on a global scene for the things they do and the irreparable damage they do. an example is Cambodia, who they napalmed during the Vietnam war causing the rise of the Khmer Rouge and the extermination of 3 million innocents. As well as killing the staple crops of these people, rice, with them still not able to grow rice on the sullied fields :(

i could write a book on it.

The aside, is the American politics and mindset heaps scorn on the Nation, but for people who have visited there we love the American people for their welcoming nature and insights. Many fine American people on here :)

• Thank you. I have always said that our politicians are not our people. Just like any other country, we have good people as well as not so good people. Many of our politicians were once good people who were easily corrupted by the power. Many of them were already corrupt and were able to manipulate their way into power through lies. Thankfully, we do still have some politicians who are good, despite the positions they hold. If not for them, we would be worse off than we already are.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• I guess it depends where you are standing. Personally I think the rest of the world is pretty funny too, in a dark twisted and ironic kind of way. The kind where you have to laugh or you will cry.

• I think it has turned into a joke.

We have a weak president, that can't make a decision without taking a poll first. Even when he has the authority to launch an attack he wants to get permission first. He can't even seem to comprehend that Russia could do what all countries seeking power have done since the formation of countries. It is like he grew up in a protected bubble and doesn't understand the world at all.

We are so sexually repressed that now just about anything sexual is getting called some type of rape, even if it is just checking out a girl that walks by.

Our economy is based on debt.

The endangered species act is really just a cover for the government to tell you what you are allowed to do on your property. If you want to build a small home you may not be able to, but if a business wants to move in and improve the economy, then will get permission to build no matter how much more damaged that company will do to the species that they are trying to protect.

We have the return of debtors prison, by renaming it content of court.

We have cops throwing children that haven't committed a crime across a classroom, and the cope is not being charged for assault.

If you report a crooked cop, it is legal for the rest of the police department to harass you to the point you have to move out of town.

Our public educational system is terrible and higher education unattainable for many.

We actually allow creationist views to influence our science text books.

We have a two party system that they use to manipulate us. For example setting the gays and Christians against each other over the definition of marriage, meanwhile passing policies under the radar designed to make the poor poorer, and the rich richer.

Our country is being ripped apart do to political correctness. We can't even disagree or offend anyone now. Standing up for our values, is now seen as insensitive to others.

We subsidize farmers to grow corn for corn syrup, keeping the price of sugar and other unhealthy sweeteners low, and tell other farmers they can't pick their healthy produce that is already grown so that we can manipulate the price of food, making unhealthy food cheaper, and healthy food more expensive. Then wonder why there are so many unhealthy people.

• NOt a very funny joke, a militarized, murderous, lying and bumbling sort of Frankenstein figure.

• Haters gonna hate💁🏻

• America is not becoming a joke to the rest of the world. America is becoming a danger to the rest of the world.

• Well... not really. America has it's pros and cons, just like every other country. No country is 'perfect', but that doesn't mean it becomes a 'joke'.

• I blame Obama

• your political and law system is a joke XD yup. 2 parties? really? southpark allready joked about it in "turd sandwich vs giant douche" there is basically no "choice" to be made, since there are only 2 parties, they´re way too close in their agenda to really make a difference. also the law system is a fucking theatre play instead of producing "rightful" judgements.

• south park makes fun of everything. they put muhammad in a bear suit.

• yeah but i think south park is not "stupid fools jokes" it´s pretty deep and harsh critique of the real society.

• think its always been a joke

• What? In terms of foreign policy in general or their refusal for many states to take Syrian refugees?

What about Saudi Arabia?

countercurrentnews.com/.../

• Well no I dont think they are but if Trump became president then yes probably, someone with his views and that much power are a frightening thought.

• Very true.

• And I'm an American. Our country is a complete joke. We've become imbeciles.

• I get the feeling that when there is a republican party leading it, it turns a very dangerous joke...

• America is such a joke evn americans treat it as a joke.

• Why? = GOP

• if trump wins, i'm leaving.

• It certainly is a joke to me. The women basically pussy whip all the men, everyone walks on eggshells and is too PC to speak their mind and every industry is run by greed. I think I will try to go teach English in South Korea or something.

• Maybe someone but hopefully that will change when Donald Trump is President

• if he becomes president you guys are going to be moving backwards as a country, and you will drag the rest of the world with you.

• really? and there's absolutely no one else running that you think would be more suitable for the job? do you really believe all that BS he spews?

• @Possible_ not really but he may just be what we need. I don't think he could possibly do any worse than Obama

• We are #1 so anything we do is mocked... yet doesn't stop people from coming over here. I mean I guess having Trump as a plossible presidential candidate is better than having clean drinking water.. or not being bombed by extremist constantly.

• ... wtf @tenchu11 Did you basically just mock the struggles of other countries in order to make America look good?

• I mean, your not really helping your argument. By insulting me and my ego. I'm stating facts vs your personal attacks.

• Here's what you don't seem to understand: I didn't come here to argue. Not everyone asks questions or is curious about how others feels so that they can stay immobile in front of a screen and argue about it.

• Too much influence with corporations in that country. They tell people how to dress, what to feel, what to eat, who to date, how to speak. All for the sake of turning a profit. It's like a nationwide sick experiment from an outsiders point of view.

• It already is. Do you guys believe that Jesus is coming to save you all?

• That's false. America has been a joke to us for at least 4 decades.

• No, the whole world feels like it sometimes though

• yes hahahahahahhahahahaha XD

but really no but they gotta lot of issues over there man got a lot of millitant hate groups and that is just the Political correctness brigades : (

• why did you think so, i didn't get the question actually:)

What Girls Said 8

• No, America is a dream to me 😙

• I dont think joke is the right word. Considering Donald Trump has supporters that is terrifying not a joke.

• mostly because of the ridiculous things that are still apparent in your culture. as well as the incompetent celebrities and political figures that supposedly speak for your country.

• True. The Obama administration's policies are getting more and more ridiculous.

• Yeah right and the republicans are preaching the politics of the guilded age.
      Thats the thing about the right.
      They really don't realize that we tried all their policies and they plain don't work

• @Waffles731 you don't know what you're talking about

• no, we tried these things and it lead to the guilded age

• It certainly will be if Donald Trump wins the election.

• I hear in America, they are voting for a new president if I'm not mistaken--
    Dang, Trump cracks me up.. I hope America gets one of the best candidates.

• I think its becoming a joke in the way that you believe that you are the greatest country in the world, ignoring a lot of your faults

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFuvLnG6rKw

• I'm American and I think it is.