What is the longest you have gone without sleep?

A day for me, my brother broke his leg and I was with him in the hospital all night.

Most Helpful Guy

• Three full days while I was in college. I worked evenings and had three history essays due (three separate classes).

Most Helpful Girl

• ~32 hours.

I was working nights at the time so I woke up at 6 or 7pm. After working my whole shift and getting done at 8:30 I drove 1.5 hours to the airport since I was going to visit my boyfriend who was at grad school. Unfortunately, they had canceled all flights to that location except for 2 flights leaving at 6 and 9 at night. I got a seat on the 9pm flight but tried to do standby on the earlier flight. Unfortunately everyone else was doing the same thing so I didn't get on that flight. I landed at 2 am and had to catch a cab to my bf's apartment. The cab driver got lost and we ended up driving in circles a few times. I finally made it to my bf's at 3 and completely crashed.

• The things we do for the ones we love.

• 32? Damn! I could barely last 24, let alone 32.

• Shortly after that, I was switched to a split shift so I was staying up 24 hours straight twice a week to flip my sleep schedule back and forth... do not recommend

What Guys Said 17

• I have done 24 hours a few times and that is not fun.

I did 36 hours once and that was like being really drunk.

The worst I have ever done was cumulative. About a month straight with only a three or 4 hours of sleep each day... hallucinations are interesting.

• That sounds awful. I guess sometimes some things in life require more attention, and you have to put sleep to the side.

• When actual human lives depend on your ability to function it is amazing what you can do without proper sleep. Now I am just a lazy ass civilian.

• 3 days... I had exam after exam after exam.

• 24 hours. A lack of sleep throws me into a seizure.

• 60 hours, I guess. Brother's marriage and reception on consecutive days, so couldn't sleep two nights. But there was so much to be done that I didn't feel it until the 3rd day. Then slept for 16 hours straight! Lol.
    Cumulatively though, I've gone 3 months with 2-3 hours of sleep everyday. Worst 3 months of my life. I was already lean, and became stick-thin by losing 11 fucking kgs!

• I'm not sure. I may have went a full 24 (or 23) hours without sleep, but that's quite questionable. Otherwise, I'd say about 16 I think would be the longest.

• Currently I am 32hrs awake.
    Going strong!

Lets hope I don't pass out when I go out for dinner. (-_-) zzzzzzzzzz

• 88 Hours. Not purposely, but hanging on every breath as my dad was dying. I didn't want him to die alone, so I stayed, waiting, the elder son, like it should be.
    Sorry to be a 'downer'!!

• Just a little over a day.

• Oh okay, lucky!

• Yes, long time ago. Still remember it like it was yesterday though ^^

• Same here!! ^_^

• Somewhere over 50 hours

• Sleep is for the week.

• Oh that's nice, it was 30 hours for me

• 2 nights and 2 days.

I was going to work on a oil drilling rig with my dad when I was about 18, it was a night shift so I wanted to sleep the day before I went.

So I was up for that day, then stayed up that night, couldn't sleep the next day, went to the rig the next night, go home, ate and slept for 20 hours. XD

• Navy seals go without sleep for 5 days during Hell week

• I was on ma project... and needs to complete within timelines... so woke up 72 hours regularly

• It was about 48 hr

• Two days I guess? I can't make it past that.

• around 48 hours and it was hell. now that im a senior citizen, i sleep because i can't go to work like that anymore. it sucks

What Girls Said 11

• 24 hours or more... I couldn't type anymore...

• Like most only 24 hours

• Ugh, it's horrible.

• I got a pill container now so I don't end up getting confused.

• maybe around 60 hours

• Almost 3 days

• Probably a day or two.

• 3 days almost 4.

• 24 hours 😫😴

• Like 40 hours

• 3 days. Was doing drugs at that time.

• 3 days
    ...

• I think it was two days for me. it was one of the first days of year 1- med school; I wasn't used to that much work. Eventually I learned that pulling an all-nighter isn't beneficial.