How do I quit my job in a professional way?

alright so currently I earn minimum wage but I'm supposed to be getting a 25 cent raise (lol), and this job is 15 miles away from where I live

the job that my dad and brother could get me is as a valet Parker in a hotel. it would pay me 6.25 an hour + tips (lots of tips because it's downtown and my city is a tourist attraction) AND it's only 6 miles away

so yea it's a no brainer, but I don't want to leave my current job on a bad note, how and what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• All you need to do is turn in a two weeks' notice, stating that you have appreciated your time with the company and have learned or gained experiences that will help you in the professional world, even if you haven't. There are plenty of templates online to get you started. Search for "two weeks' notice for ___________ (the title of your current position)." However, please make sure you have the valet job lined up before turning that document in. You do not want to give that to your boss and end up, for whatever reason, not getting the other job.

• it's always the brown eyed brunette cuties who give the best answers, thanks

• just a wild guess aha and you're welcome

• You genius. ;P

Most Helpful Guy

• Give 2 weeks notice and tell your boss that you found another job.

• really that's all? Thanks!

• At a minimum wage job, they'll probably thank you for the courtesy of giving them notice. A lot of people just walk out on minimum wage jobs and leave the place hanging. You don't need some complex excuse. Those jobs have really high turnover and they don't expect people to stay long.

• Yea I don't want to mess over them

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3