Is the new age religion apart of Christianity?

Is the new age (lucid dreaming, astral travel, vibrations, chakras mediation and archangel micheal etc) apart of Christianity. One reason why I think it's linked together because I have spontaneous lucid dreamed before and I had received an vision of an angel and in the bible it mentions about archangel micheal and mediation

Most Helpful Guy

• No that's not part of Christianity be very careful in regards to that kind of stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• that's definitely not a part of christianity. be very careful when identifying this kinda stuff.

• If it isn't apart of Christianity then why do I spontaneous experience astral travel and lucid dreaming and when I do it nothing bad happens I begin knowing about God more and the point of living

• i have no idea, but don't be fooled and make connections u aren't sure of. I'm 100% sure those are not a part of christianity though.

What Guys Said 4

• Be very very careful with that. Michael is mentioned, but not in connection with lucid dreaming. The verse "I am the Way... no one... except through Me..." (John 14:6) leaves no room for self-carved paths to Nirvana. Most of that other stuff is a dangerous syncretism of Christian teaching with Buddhist and Hindu teaching. It's from someone who wants to have their cake and eat it too, but ends up with nonsense instead.

My sister was led astray by this kind of teaching at her school, and then got into drugs and wild sex, then ran away from home to live with some creep who kept supplying her with all the drugs and sex. She now has dozens of tattoos and piercings, swears like a sailor, gets in arguments with cops, and goes out of her way to break my mom's heart every single day that she's with her loser man (who may or may not be involved in the cover up of a murder, but no one can prove it.)

Satan will wrap his agenda in anything to make it appealing. He knows every possible way to polish a turd.

• I think new age ideas are fairly fluid, and can fit into any religious concepts you already have, so long as you accept that the two can mesh. New age seems to me more about the energies and vibrations you put out and take in, and is more about growing your spiritual body in ways that connect it to other spiritual bodies and to the divine. I'm not an expert, but this is what I've picked up here and there... I don't see why new age practices couldn't mesh with any other religious practice.

• No, it's all a coincidence and the workings of your own mind, trust me...

On another note, both are bullshit.

• Possibly... you are special then to see an angel in your dream.

What Girls Said 0