Which one is easier for you to deal with? Physical pain or Emotional?

😴

0|0
24|22

Most Helpful Guy

• physical emotional can cut really really deep and leave very bad scars

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Emotional, I am like a brick wall when it comes to showing emotions. But if I sprain my ankle I'll lay there crying for 2 hours

0|0
    0|0
    • Would you rather suffer the emotional pain of your parents dying in a car crash or you breaking a bone when you're in a crash? Tough choice :)

• Show All
    • Its very important to have people who you trust. I have my brother and we both are able to pay for all the bills and have enough to finance a luxury car of the year. I like how my life is going, and I know I'm lucky. I'm not going to act spoiled and ruin it since I came from a very poor community.

• @Minute_Man I have major trust issues so that doesn't work for me

What Guys Said 21

• Both. Army guy's are trained to have no physical or emotional pain. Well on deployment anyway. In the U. S were soft teddy bears:)

3|0
    0|0
  • Emotional pain for sure!! I've learned to be very self-aware and build my "emotional intelligence" to control my emotions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually enjoy physical pain, somewhat though if I had to just ignore it, mental pain it's best not to suppress that it can have rather bad reaction later on down the road.

1|0
    0|0
  • Physical! The worst for me is emotional

0|1
    0|0
  • Physical. I'm a big dude and can take a couple good hits but if a girl breaks my heart I turn into an emotional little girl lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • physical. i can take a hit or a fall or a cut and it doesn't really hurt... unless i step on a lego, obviously.

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical. I didn't really know what emotional pain was till the past couple months. Just everything caved around me, girlfriend and I broke up, people and pets died, it was just bad. I've always been a very emotional stable person and this just brought me to my knees. Physical pain is only temporary, while emotional can also be temporary, it can last a lot longer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Emotional pain makes you stronger
    Physical pain is just there...

I had surgery once and the doctor strongly recommend strong painkillers... but I decided to.. man it out... and take the pain like a man without any painkillers lol... bad idea :P

0|0
    0|0
  • physical pain is easier, it usually heals way quicker

0|1
    0|0
  • Emotional pain lasts longer , I can physical pain better since it doesn't last long or hurt so bad

0|1
    0|0
  • Emotional. People will say physical, but most of the people on here have not severed a femur vs. breakup

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain is so much easier as it is normally only for a short period, whereas mental pain can last for ages.

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical... no pain no gain!

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain is worse...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely physical pain... no doubt about that

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain for sure. Emotional pain is just too dreadfully abysmal to take on and conquer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain heals in time.. but the scars left from Emotional trauma can last a long time...

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain by a long shot. Yesterday I fell 20 feet and landed on a concrete floor and didn't break any thing and got up right after. I'm lucky to be alive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical. Emotional pain doesn't go away.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 23

• Physical is easy as hell to handle. Even if it's extreme pain it's still a billion times easier to deal with vs emotional. I've been working on being better at handling emotional pain though. Since I have a mental disorder my emotions are more sensitive. Plus my brain doesn't know how to put a break on them. So if i'm hurt about anything I will end up obsessing over it. Basically the whole emotion just consumes my mind completely. Even if I try to do other things to forget I literally can't. Plus the more upset I am the worse I become. Once I cried so hard over a fight with someone I cared about. I started to hyperventilate and caused a blood vein in one of my eyes to pop. Plus I came close to passing out from being really light headed from it. Then this one time when I was extremely angry. I blanked out and the next thing I knew I was on top of my 5 year old brother crushing him into the ground. His screams of horror and pain is what snapped me out of it and I let go immediately. At the time I was 11 years old.

Normally what I do with extreme physical pain I try to take deep breathes and not think about it. That normally helps. That and cursing really loudly too. Plus i'm in physical pain almost 24/7.

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain no doubt. Not to sound like a freak, but I think that's largely where your self-harm people come from unfortunately. Physical pain to numb the emotional.

1|0
    0|0
  • emotional

filler

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on the extremity of either, but for the most part id have to say physical.

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotional pain is harder to deal with.

0|0
    0|0
  • emotional!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a big, ol' wimp when it comes to pain, but I still say physical pain is probably easier to deal with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can handle emotional pain better even though it's probably the worst of the two. Something about the anticipation of physical pain is unbearable to me, but I actually do have a decent (physical) pain tolerance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotional pain believe it or not

0|0
    0|0
  • emotional is way worse

1|1
    0|0
  • I get sensitive to even hearing* about physical pain. To me, physical pain is definitely more difficult.

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather have physical pain over emotional, physical pain doesn't hurt as long

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical. ...

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain

0|1
    0|0
  • Emotional is easier for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical for sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical. At least that is temporary.

0|0
    0|0
  • definatly physical 100%

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical for sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I can handle physical pain but emotional pain fucks me up

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain is way easier for me to deal with...

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical pain.

0|0
    0|0