What would YOU do -- leave or help them?

(TL;DR; PROVIDED!!!)

This is a situation which just happened to me about 15 minutes ago in my dorm.

Be me-- a person in the corner of the lobby watching TV shows on your laptop, just chilling. It is 3:15AM, and it is a college campus known for quite a bit of partying. Prime drunk-party-people-returning time.

People are passing by to open the locked door to get their individual dorm room. A girl is standing by the door. Two people walk up and knock on the door to be let in (they are lazy and don't want to get their key out). Nothing unusual.

That is, until you hear the girl standing by the door talking to the people who just got let in. You take your headphones off to see if there is trouble. "Is there something wrong?" you ask.

The two guys say, "Nah, she just is drunk."
She replies, "I don't even drink! I swear to God I don't I drink! I can't see. I don't know what is happening."

*the two guys make a joke like "Well open your eyes girl! *laughing*" *
After a bit of hearing her say she doesn't drink again... the guys say "Well, not our problem." They then walk on and laugh a little more.

--------TL;DR;--------
TL;DR; 3:15AM You are chillin watching movies at your college dorm lobby. You overhear a girl saying to two random dudes passing by that she is having medical problems. The dudes laugh on and tell you she is drunk when you ask. They walk on, she stays sitting on the couch across from you.

--------QUESTION---------
What would YOU do here? You are just sitting there, laptop open, with the girl sitting on a different couch. No one else is around.

---------REST-OF-THE-STORY---------
The rest of the story for the curious cats:
I ended up asking her what is wrong. She said she didn't know but was having vision problems. She refused to accept me calling for help or whatnot. She just wanted a walk back to her dorm and she was afraid she'd pass out again. I said ok and walked with her back to her dorm. On the way there, she said was feeling better and her vision was better too.

In hindsight, I probably should've asked for her number and to call me if something went wrong again since all her friends were out of town, but oh well. Hopefully she is doing better.

• Too long. Didn't read. (AND I EVEN THOUGH I PUT A TL;DR; TOO!) :(
  • Try to help her. She could have a serious problem and I'm the only one there. *walk her back*
  • Don't help her. She is probably drunk like the other guys said. It is a party school after all. She'll move on or someone else will help her. *goes back to watching movies*
  • Leave. I don't want any trouble. I'm getting out of here before something DOES happen. *relocates*
  • Other. I have a better solution!

Most Helpful Girl

• I would also call the RA to check in on her through the night.

• That would've been a good idea. The only issue is that she went to a different dorm. To get into the doors at 3AM you would need a keycard.

• Well, the other issue is that I don't know what floor nor room nor last name she has. I could probably find the number to contact the front desk, but I wouldn't know how to get a hold of her from there. She was living in the largest dorm.

Again, it would've been a good idea, had I thought of it at the time.

• Very true.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try to help her, Being drunk can also be dangerous
    She could have drank herself in a coma

just becuase some guys say dont worry she's drunk doesn't mean she calm, she might be freaking out dicide to go home and go in traffic drunk as shit
    If she doesn't look fine, then she probably isn't fine

What Girls Said 11

• I would of called for help anyway... I would exccept the same... maybe she was taking an anti-depressant... I had one that made me dizzy or she was just out of it! I hope she okay thats awful!!!

• Help her. Every single time. Who knows what's going on with her. Being an asshole isn't doing anyone any good.

• I would have done the same as you and probably even offered to take her to a nurse/doctor (if there's one on your campus) to get checked.

• There is one, but I don't think they are open at 3AM lol. I offered to contact the front desk or anyone but she kept saying no.

• Yep, she said "Thank you so much," we had a handshake, and then went about our lives xD

• Well that's better than not acknowledging what you did for her at all I guess ;P

• Of course I would have helped her. Poor thing, if you hadn't been there...

• You did the right thing.

• I would of put the guys in their place and call who ever needs to be called when rules are not followed and obviously taken her to the hospital because you just don't know

• try to help. why not?

• You did the right thing.

• I say B bc it seem pretty deep with her needing help and what worst could happen to you? Just walk her if she ask for help i would see it as walking an innocent granny across the street but though she's not a granny i feel like she's innocent...

• You did the right thing, dude.

• I'd try to help. Call someone if it is a medical emergency and sit with the person. If she is getting worse and refused to call someone about it, I'd try to find a way to take her to the ER (I have a car, so I can drive her). I would stay with her and try to contact friends/family.

What Guys Said 4

• Option 2 is the only logical answer, she might be night blind can see in day but not at night or in dim light, I would rather help her, get her number maybe and if she is nice, I might get her a set of night vision goggles, so she does not have problem at night, if she does not drink.

• of course I'd try to help her... pretty much the same as you did. ask what's wrong and offer to call medical help and if she doesn't want it bring her home or to some people she know if she wants that.

couldn't sleep well and have a bad conscience if I'd just leave here like that knowing she has problems.

• Yeah, the guys who just laughed it off and made jokes about it all were jerks.

• Dude you're so Evan peters

• Been there, done that. You offer to help and contact medical etc.