How do you feel about the Syrian refugee crisis?

I dont know how i feel about the refugee crisis. I want to accept the refugees because my great-grandparents were refugees from The Netherlands. But at the same time i know it is the perfect opportunity to blend in with the refugees just trying to seek a better life. I dont want to cause an argument just post your opinion and i will read them all and make my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Our ancestors were all refugees. The Pilgrims came over here to seek religious freedom, Our Forefathers who started the USA came over here to escape a tyrannical monarchy, The Irish, Scottish, Germans, Hungarians etc... Came here in the 19th and 20th centuries to escape famines and hard times, The Russians came here during WWI and the 1920's to escape the corrupt communist government of Stalin, Your Great Grandparents and other European refugees such as: Dutch, Jews, Gypsies, Poles, Scandinavians, French etc... Came here in the 1930's and 40's to escape Hitler's evil Nazi empire. Now The Middle Eastern refugees are coming here for the same reasons our ancestors did, for a better life and to escape evil governments of such leaders as Bashir Al Assad. our country was founded on refugees, so to me it's hypocritical to not let them in since we're all ancestors of refugees ourselves.

• Oh don't forget the Chinese and Koreans in the last 60 years escaping communist rule of their countries as well, they are refugees too. The refugees from South Africa during Apartheid in the 1950's,60's and 70's

• Thanks for MHO my friend!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• If the majority getting in were female with children and their husbands etc grand but the majority are men. Young men too. Course there's nothing wrong with that either but it can cause concern. Where are the women and children? Are the men getting in to then have safe travel for their wives and children? I don't know none of it is very clear. Add in that daesh have said they sent thousands of soldiers with those refugees and you begin to wonder about everyone's safety.

What Guys Said 6

• Although I do believe this is a tragedy what is happening to these people.. I also think the governments of this country or any country people have to flee from are the ones that should be removed.. like yesterdays trash.. for letting this happen in the first place they are nothing but cowards.. just goes to show you that as long as they are lining their pockets with the rich paychecks they get they care about nothing else.. put someone in right away that will do what ever it takes to get rid of these scumbags hope one day these stupid people in government will clue the hell in.. but then again governments all over the world think pretty much the same as far as money.. get as much as you can, tell the people what they want to hear without actually doing anything about any problems, and throw a buck or two to this situation or that situation so it looks like we are trying

• I think that the United States should accept absolutely zero refugees from that area. It sucks that they are trapped in such a terrible country, but it is not worth the security risks. We simply cannot afford to face an attack like the one in Paris. I can guarentee you that there are at least 10 terrorists that have entered our country alongside the refugees--each of them capable of killing hundreds of people if their attacks go undisturbed.

But i also think that the entire United Nations should declare all out war on ISIS, and send as many foot soldiers and as many airstrikes as possible, all at once, so that we can put an end to ISIS, and therefore the refugee crisis as well. If we really wanted to, and the entirety of the United Nations cooperated, we could blow ISIS to oblivion in a matter of days. Why we haven't done it yet is BEYOND ME.

• France did send airstrikes but i just heard this morning that a lot of ISIS members survived because of underground tunnels that were discovered recently.

• None of the people behind the attacks were refugees

• @Waffles731 They literally had documents to prove that 1 of the 7 entered as a refugee.

• Help them out. Just make homeland security or whatever internal defense a country has do their damn job of background checking everyone and keeping an eye on people of interest.

• @cjs31380 again lets not start an argument and killing them is too much, makes you sound a bit like hitler

• @cjs31380 What makes you any better than them. You think you have more of a right to life simply because you just happened to be born in a better place?

• We should accept these people.
    They are fleeing the terrorists we are fighting and we are a nation cast-offs from Europe.
    All these arguments against these refugees have been used against the irish at one one.
    Get the fuck over yourselves

• i really don't care

• They should stay of their own country where they belong

What Girls Said 2

• Europe should not take them in.

You see, your grandparents were Dutch and Dutch people are peaceful. The same can't be said about people who are now migrating to Europe.

• What's wrong with wanting a better life?