You see a woman you don't know walking around with a black eye. What would you think?
- Someone deliberately hit her62% (20)40% (8)54% (28)Vote
- It was some kind of accident16% (5)20% (4)17% (9)Vote
- It was self inflicted0% (0)5% (1)2% (1)Vote
- I would think something else (please say)3% (1)10% (2)6% (3)Vote
- I wouldn't think anything19% (6)25% (5)21% (11)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
Honestly, probably that she's a victim to domestic violence.
I would never be brave enough to actually say anything or ask her if she is okay..
Though, I once did that when I actually saw a little girl (probably about 5-6) with a black eye and bruises on her upper arm. She just shook her head and then her mother already came running to scold her for "talking to strangers"...
How I would have loved to just take that little girl by the hand and call the CPS...2
Most Helpful Guy
I'd probably assume it was an accident, but in the back of my mind I'd wonder if she was being abused.
Side note: one time I caught a nasty elbow playing pickup basketball. Like, it was really bad -- my entire eye was black, blue, purple, green, etc. And nobody believed how it happened! I think that's why I'd give the benefit of the doubt.0