If you saw a woman you didn't know with a black eye what would you think?

You see a woman you don't know walking around with a black eye. What would you think?

• Someone deliberately hit her
    62% (20)40% (8)54% (28)Vote
  • It was some kind of accident
    16% (5)20% (4)17% (9)Vote
  • It was self inflicted
    0% (0)5% (1)2% (1)Vote
  • I would think something else (please say)
    3% (1)10% (2)6% (3)Vote
  • I wouldn't think anything
    19% (6)25% (5)21% (11)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
7|12

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, probably that she's a victim to domestic violence.
    I would never be brave enough to actually say anything or ask her if she is okay..
    Though, I once did that when I actually saw a little girl (probably about 5-6) with a black eye and bruises on her upper arm. She just shook her head and then her mother already came running to scold her for "talking to strangers"...
    How I would have loved to just take that little girl by the hand and call the CPS...

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd probably assume it was an accident, but in the back of my mind I'd wonder if she was being abused.

Side note: one time I caught a nasty elbow playing pickup basketball. Like, it was really bad -- my entire eye was black, blue, purple, green, etc. And nobody believed how it happened! I think that's why I'd give the benefit of the doubt.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• A seems like the only reasonable explanation.
    How can someone give themselves a black eye? It's very unrealistic... If she hit herself with the door - it would be a different bruise and the eye couldn't be black all around -- the kind of a mark a fist would make.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone deliberately hit her

0|0
    0|0
  • If I saw anyone with a black eye my first thought would be "oh my god, they got punched in the face" But then I totally might second guess and think it was an accident.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would assume every possible outcome that could cause someone to have a black eye. Then I would just think how much that probably hurts and annoying with everyone asking her what happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • that someone punched. I don't make assumptions beyond that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd ask her if she was ok, if she needs help

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• "I wouldn't think anything" Cuz I'd rather not guess as to how she got that black eye... I'd rather just ask her,

0|0
    0|0
  • First instinct is "I sure hope the guy that did that to her got worse than that!"

0|0
    0|0
  • I would just wonder what had happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think "oh, she's injured, that's unfortunate for her". Do you think about who or what caused an injury everytime you become aware of one?

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think "who's the fuckin' asshole I gotta beat up? Where the fuck is he? Point him out!!!".

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't notice it cuz I'm oblivious to such things

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think "i hoped she kicked that bitch's ass!"

I don't automatically assume a guy hit her

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't think it any different than a man with a black eye. Gender equality for the win!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think something bad happened to her. But not think she got punched.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd think she was in a scrap.

0|0
    0|0
  • That it was self-inflicted. I've known girls who have done that. Argued with their boyfriends, then hit themselves to quasi-blackmail him, threaten him with legal action... because who would the cops believe?

Obviously there are low-life men who hit women, but I have personally witnessed the self-inflicted bullshit. It happens.

0|1
    0|1