Do you think women's egos are fragile too?

What do you think? I keep hearing about how fragile a mans ego is. What about women?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think everyone has egos it's just that men's egos get trashed more. Especially when the guy is acting in a way that women disprove of. Like in that question yure referencing.

I think it's funny because the same girl who got mho and wrote that in her opinion has in the past said that men should feel more comfortable expressing their emotions. However whenever a man does express his emotions or makes a decision based on his emotional state girls like her will be the first write him off as being bitter or having a fragile ego.

What Girls Said 6

• My ego is really fragile when it comes to my boyfriend. If I see he liked another girls picture on instagram in athletic clothes I get upset and think "Wha, is my winter body not good enough for you. I promised to go to the gym more next semester. My courses are hard. Food is too good."

• If your young than its easy... if you fought a few demons it hard to hurt a girls ego!

• i can't speak for all women, but i think my ego is somewhat fragile. strangers can't do much to it, but the people closest to me could do a lot of damage lol. i need ego-kevlar.

• Do you think this is one reason why women don't approach is because many of their egos are fragile and can't face rejection?

• sure. i mean that's also why many guys don't approach either.

• When someone says something negative to you, it's really more of a reflection of who they are than what you are. Most of it is projection. It's mean. Anyone can get their feelings hurt, male or female.

• Sure, I think everyone can potentially have fragile egos. Some people might be more or less laid back, while others are egotistical.

• Yes, and possibly more than men's haha. I think the difference is we turn it in on ourselves and get really insecure vs. blaming and taking it out on others.

What Guys Said 7

• The reason you hear about a man's ego more often than a woman's, is because it isn't socially acceptable for a man to have hurt feelings. That is seen as a sign of weakness in men. We really need to move past this way of thinking. People can get their feelings hurt, and that is okay. However the moment someone using the word "ego", suddenly their feelings don't mean as much, because apparently having an ego is seen as a negative thing, even though it is a part of the emotions we all have. Because the word ego dismisses the persons emotions I have learned to dislike the word.

Yes women can have very fragile ego's. Some women that have never once been turned down for sex by their partner, run out of the room crying the first time he isn't in the mood for sex. If a guy did that then he would clearly be accused of having an ego problem. In a woman however we tend to be more sensitive and explain as a guy gets older his libido drops, or he might have been tired or whatever. We don't scream at the woman. "GET OVER YOUR EGO!!!" That would be a very insensitive thing to do to anyone that is in pain, regardless of whether or not the pain was caused by their ego.

• They can both be SHOCKINGLY fragile. It really depends on the individual man or woman.

For example, make fun of the right dude's penis and you can cripple him. At the same time, if you call the right woman ugly (or fat, etc.) it can have the same effect.

• Of course there are females with fragile egos too.

• Yes.
    Guys are just a lot more vocal about it.

• Yes, they're very fragile.

• I can't speak for all men.. But my ego is unbreakable... But, i have been through a lot of shit.. I know exactly what i am capable of, and no amount of laughimg or jokes or anything will shake that... But womens ego, lol, if a women sleeps with a bunch of dudes they beat themsleves up.. And for most guys thats bragging rights.. So in my opinion, womens ego is multiple times more fragil than a mans.. And i could give a lot more situations than that