The World "without English"... what would happen?

Updates:
its a crisis situation... handle it
? ;-)
select one

0|0
12|13

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... as of now, English simply can't 'disappear' overnight. Even considering the hypothetical situation that it did, then there would have been another language which gradually replaced English. So there wouldn't really be an issue.

0|3
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• That'd be horrible 😢 I LOVE ENGLISH!

0|1
    0|0
  • nothing. wed just have another dominant language. probably french or Spanish.

0|1
    0|0
    • lol... may be its easy to learn for you... but what for others... rest world?

• well i didn't interpret it as people having to learn. i just took it as "what would the world b like without english?" so i said we'd have another dominant language. we'd b okay since we wouldn't know what English is.

i must have misread the question maybe? i dunno.

• no you just read it right... but I was looking for more explore on the matter.. :-) thanks by the way

• There would probably be another language that has been used by a colonial power like Spain - so in that case Spanish would be the "world language", maybe even Dutch or French oO

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe you should ask yourself why English is so popular among people. The main reason is the globalisation so maybe in a world without English, other countries would care much more about their traditions and there wouldn't be capitalism, who knows? Obviously this is kinda utopian (or dis-utopian, it depends on many things)

0|2
    0|0
  • Loool i would be poor in the future as i wouldn't be able to work because im studying English Language Teaching in college

0|1
    0|0
  • hmmm I would speak spainsh hahah!
    @archiz tag your it!

1|0
    0|0
    • how would you talk with Indians... Africans... germans... and others who speak Spanish

• Show All
    • @archiz... yes every one would try to impose their own...

• third world war... due to language imposition

• The people that speak English will have to learn another language.

0|1
    0|0
    • you don't feel its a big crisis situation

• and not only English people... but all people those who connected with the English..

I mean -- a Russian know its own language and knows English... and an indian knows its own and English... the connection happens with English...

• Yeah I see what you're saying now

• we would speak a different language duhh

0|1
    0|0
  • Je parlerais en fran├žais.

0|0
    0|0
  • If English disappears I still have my fluent Spanish language

0|0
    0|0
    • how would you connect with other peoples

• Show All
    • I guess pointing at things unless people know Spanish then that way

• I think may be Spanish or (other one) language has to be adopted as replacement of eng..

if it happens

• Latin would be the next spoken biggest language around the world

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• There would be another language to replace it. We probably wouldn't even miss it since it wouldn't exist.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm afraid French would become the dominant language. That would be a disaster — I can understand most of it, but I can hardly form proper sentences beyond basic conversation about how you're doing and what the weather is like.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing really.

0|1
    0|0
  • There would be a lot more Spanish and portuguese speakers xD

0|1
    0|0
  • Its rather simple to be honest, Without enlgish would mean it would never exist
    Greatbritten would instead speak german or dutch and that would then become the new enlgish
    Or Spanish would take over :D

0|0
    0|0
    • yes but it really would be very very difficult to adopt

• Show All
    • Im just imaginig enlgish people freaking out, becuase they know what they want to say but do not know how to say something xD, would probably start out with people potioing at stuff
      Like : * points at apple*, *points at mount*, * points money*, shows how much it costs on fingers
      The silent nation, SILENCE WILL FALL

• silence begins 🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇

• What, the English language or English people? Has it/have they ever existed and just vanished suddenly or are you asking what the world would have been like if England had never existed?

0|0
    0|0
  • dunno. who cares?

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know, I guess I'd have mastered a different language then :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Sign language!

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this topic about the story to Metal Gear Solid 5? Otherwise I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • We'll hear nothing but a bunch of loud
    annoying Puerto Ricians.

0|1
    0|0
  • noi parliamo italiano quindi! va bene? o podemos hablar espanol, si? sinon, je peux parler un peu fran├žais :D

0|0
    0|0
    • oder Deutsch, ist auch nicht schlecht ;-)

• भेन की चूत

• @bomba78 ich kein deutsch gut verstehen :(... solo capisco un po' tedesco perche e' un po' simile a inglese! e no, non so come a scrivo questa e quella frasi in tedesca. adesso io sono simplemente mostrando mio talento d'italiano :D