My depression is getting worse and worse! help?

I have been depressed for awhile, But it's getting worse and worse. I don't know what to do! My mum knows and one of my friends but there's nothing they can do about it! I tend to hide my feelings behind a smile but thats starting to get hard, there are times when I am genuinly happy but it doesn't last. I feel like i'm falling deeper and deeper into a bottomless pit. Nothings going the way I want it to. I'm starting to get more and more frustrated with things and people and everytime my friends try to help and try to ask why I think i'm depressed I get annoyed at them and I don't know why. I don't know why I'm depressed either. Probably because I'm an hour or two drive away from my friends, I don't interact with people much anymore, I'm in the middle of no where, the people in this town who are my own age hate me, and so much more! It also feels like me and my friends are growing apart and that they are leaving me behind. It feels like they'll eventually forget me. I just hate life! What should I do? And please no one say i'm just going through a small stage in life or I will grow out of it, because it's not one of those stupid hormona things! This is real!!! also this isn't even half of what i'm feeling!

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree that depression isn't something to be taken lightly. Specially when you are a teenager. I feel you aren't seen by your friends as someone they need in their life. You need to remember that being different can also be something good. I suggest you find a passion in life and cultivate it. Share it online. The internet when used right is one of the best modes of communication and making friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depression can be so debilitating , and it usually signals you need to either make changes in your life or you have unresolved issues. When a person is depressed they feel trapped in their own mind. They become the prisoner and the " cruel jailer" due to their internal turmoil.

Life doesn't become better by chance it gets better by change. So you need to find ways of reaching out to other people.

What Guys Said 1

• As someone who spent their younger years much like you, just putting on a happy face and fakong it, dont! It will only lead to more peoblems later on in life. Seek out therapy options, cognitive behavioral, it will help so much!

What Girls Said 3

• At 14, it's not uncommon to have friends start drifting apart and you feel as though the world is turning against you. And what makes you think that the people hate you in this town, did you recently move here?

• It's mainly the kids, not the adults who hate me. It's because they were all the ones who bullied me during primary school. I hate them, they hate me.

• Same here! Just be postive and do more the things you love!

• Have you ever considered therapy? Have you talked to your parents about the possibility of going into therapy?