Why are trolls so obvious?

If someone is going to troll a story, shouldn't they at least be creative, have good grammar and write something believable that happens in every day life. That way, he/she would get replies and hardly anyone would say ''troll'' while laughing among themselves.

What's the point of trolling if people are already calling you a troll? Do they want to make it so obvious and already know they're trolling.

I knew someone that was a troll on another site but I found out several months later. Unlike these obvious trolls, he was a creative one and know how to separate paragraphs and what to write about.

Most Helpful Guy

• Real trolling is an art. Real trolling would be funny. A person who was trolled for real would be equally annoyed as he would be entertained and it would end with him having an ''oh gawd dimmit, I fell for it lol he got me xD'' type of reaction. A real troll wouldn't leave people simply pissed and annoyed like the trolls here on GAG do.
    GAG trolls have no style and work only to start flame wars.

Most Helpful Girl

• Trolls on here usually do it for fun.
    They don't care if people think they are lying.
    It's more so for entertainment and to make others laugh.

What Guys Said 6

• 0|0
  • Because this new generation of trolls are fucking stupid.
    They lack class. What happened to the etiquette and creativity. IDK?

Fuck em.

• Trolls are lazy XD

• I think so but I once knew a creative troll that was caught several months later (not right away like these obvious ones get called out on). He was a creative one.

• *the only

• Yeah, i getcha.
      Its hard to find people like that

• Because they're still wasting time, which is the entire point. The only way to win is to not reply all together.

• Because they feel bad if people call them bad

• Internet is a 4srs place.

What Girls Said 7

• They are just obvious thats all!

• well some people LIKE being known as obvious trolls haha. so yes some do already know they're trolling and want the attention.

• They are still learning, don't worry.

• because they want to be viewed as such.

• I think so too. Still, I believe if someone wants to troll and lie online at least do a good job on it. The real laugh is when no one suspects you of trolling when you really were doing it or if you're caught, it's not at that moment but later on.

• Yes, if you say things in a logical manner they will seem more intellegent and things that seem intelligent are usually viewed as true until you look at them better and realise they are actually being really mean.

• Waiting to be banned by admin. 😞

• Umm... If anything, that would make it less interesting. It's more fun when it's obvious.

• sometimes the question is so stupid you just can't resist