At what point does a human become machine?

Technology and science is advancing so fast that at some point in our future we'll be able to replace every part of the human body. So, my question is, at what point does human become machine?

Most Helpful Guy

• When decisions are made for them through a program or their feeling aren't their own or are based on how a programmer interpretes feeling should be

Most Helpful Girl

• When you become like me! Spending your time online!

What Guys Said 6

• We can go into in-depth detail into this.

The human body and mind is a machine, but a biological one, the only difference from a mechanical machine compared to that of a biological one, is exactly that.

But for when human beings will begin to adapt mechanical components into their bodies, it has already begun.

Essentially we will be borg.

• And our thoughts are bits of information aligned in a specific format predetermined by the mind based upon it's genetic composition and it's physical attributes.

So we are programs, but I'll be it, very sophisticated ones.

The only thing machines cannot do, is feel, that is the difference between the living and the dead.

• I have several fillings in my teeth (god knows whats in them, mercury i think) and am taking medication, that alters my chemistry - which basically all meds do. And also,
    I've had metal in my hand, for the past 6 years and it will most likely stay there for the rest of my life, screws, plates and wires.

I guess in a way, we have allready taken the first small step, since the above artificial things have altered me from an entirely natural state.

• When we actually replace the brain with something mechanical.

• A human is still a human until we start messing wiht the brain. That's when it gets fuzzy.

• I reckon it's when humans are operated in some way

• This will take a while as we simply do not have the technology available to create proper AI yet

• I agree, but I think considering how fast technology is going it's in our future.

• Not a thesis my entire degree was Artificial intelligence with Robotics

• Oh, how interesting! Great job I imagine!

What Girls Said 1

• As soon as you stop questioning things