If one of your friends wants to move in with you, would you let him/her?

for as long as they don't make enough money to get a place of their own.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• Well, the real problem would be space for me. Property is extremely expensive in my country because we generally don't have a lot of space and so, owning a house is practically impossible for people below the age of 40. My girlfriend and me live in a 3,5-room apartment, which means we have a kitchen, a bathroom, a big living room and two bedrooms. We use the bigger bedroom as bedroom and the other one as study room. For two people, this is plenty of space and works fine but with one more person in here, things would become extremely tight. We'd be sitting on top of each other all the time. We do have a guest bed in the study room and so it works for a couple of days (we've had friends from abroad staying at our place for the period of a week or so) but anything that lasts longer would be rather tough. With three people living here, we'd have practically no privacy anymore and that would not only be hard for all three individuals but it would also be harmful to the relationship with my girlfriend I think (sometimes you want to be alone as a couple). So I'm gonna say one month would work but anything longer than that would be too much I think. I'd probably advise my friend to move back in with his/her parents until he/she finds a new place. It's not exactly a fun thing to do but I think when you're still in your 20s, it shouldn't be considered a big deal.

• You're most welcome 😀

• I definitely would but it's in the contract that I must not let anyone else live under the house I'm renting because it's not right that someone else is living in the house that they don't pay.

• Sure thing. As long as I see him/her trying hard to get going as well as supporting me monetary even if it's just a bit as well as helping in the household, why not wouldn't I?

• It would depend on were I am living at the moment I mean if I had the room I'd try to help em out.

• Absolutely.

• Sure, if its a girl even better... rent payment alternatives galore.

• As long as they hold down a job and pay their share of the bills, then of course.
    I know first hand how life can just put you out on your ass through no fault of your own, so I think I'd be a shitty friend if I didn't help them out.

• no i wouldn't

• It depends on the circumstances.

• I would be guilt-tripped into it

• yeah if i had the room for it shouldn't be a bother

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah I guess but I would be scared to push him away!

• scared to be taken for granted so I would push him away~

• As a roomate? Sure if it were a two bedroom!

• Absolutely. My place is always welcome to my friends. They know the rules. As long as they don't eat all my food or shit outside the bathroom, they can hang out forever.

• Probably not but it would depend who it was and why they wanted to move in with me.

• Sure. We got extra room.

• Thanks. On my way now. I may wake you up for Fajr though oh and you can drive my car sometimes since you know the area better.

Your bed is big enough for us? Or I'll be on the floor lol

• Guess it depends on how much I like the friend and how much I can trust them...