Owls? Your thoughts on owls?

I'm sitting here enjoying GAG this evening, and all I can hear are the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard. . . and an owl hooting his mating call outside my house.

Which leads me to ask you: What are your thoughts on owls, generally?

Owls?  Your thoughts on owls?

• They're fantastic, naturally
  • As a dancer, I appreciate how limber they are
  • They unnerve me
  • Hoo the hell do you think you are?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 18

• They kinda look cute but kinda scary! I wouldn't touch an owl and awe how did you know they were mating?

• they look funny/cute and creepy lols
    45.media.tumblr.com/.../...45ZBVs1qkx92ko1_500.gif

• Owl see if I can answer this question or not.

• I love owls! They're great.

• ugh im not a fan of owls, they creep me out. they look alright from far away though, in the daytime.

• You know, as a citizen, you can't change anything if you don't vote.

So far no one has asserted, flat out, "They unnerve me."

• who said i didn't vote?

• Well hang on, what did you say? I'm glad you said something positive, don't get me wrong. Unless you directed ire at the Asker.

• I love them!!! I've seen some in daytime sleeping in this willow tree near a friends' unit! They look so fluffy and Googly big eyeballs! *nuzzle nuzzle*

I would love to have one as a pet, if I were allowed too 😔 HOOOT HOOT HOOOT!

• That's amazing. You're lucky to have seen that. And I guess some people actually do keep owls, just as some people keep pigeons and doves? I would love to have one too but I know that they, as do I, prefer the free life. :)

• I hear you.

Hopefully you'll see that particular owl snoozing again sometime. Do snap a pic if you can. :)

• I will haha! I will probably have to carry my DSLR where ever I go 😂

• Sure they are cute especially the babies. But hell no. Fuck owls. I lived in Montana and I hold a grudge. My favorite Cat Hopsing a Siamese so smart and sweet. He was my baby. He got taken by a big ass owl. If I ever saw a owl try to take one of my babies again I am getting the gun. I will never have a cat like Hop sing again.

• So sorry to hear about Hop Sing. (And that was a great name by the way.) Thanks for sharing that story.

• They're adorable little balls of pure hatred, just like me. Love owls.

• I'm an owl. I sleep during the day and awake all night. I also see and know everything. And I look like one LOL!

• I love their big round eyes. By the way I'm a huge fan of owl necklaces.
    http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/0xwhsi-i.jpg

• Pretty much any animal is amazing in my eyes! Owls are very cool guys!

• I think they are pretty cool. Very interesting. The only thing that freaks me out about them and hawks is that they can swoop down and snatch your small cat or dog if they are outside. I can't imagine watching an owl pick up my dog and fly away.

• Owls are awesome! Fantastic birds of prey.

• Freaky looking things

• They creep me out a bit.

• They are scary!😳

• scary eyes at night. There are no owls around here at night tho there are bats who also make creepy sounds. I just like Hedwig in Harry Potter.

• Owl know once I see one

What Guys Said 11

• 1|1
  • 0|1
  • I was driving home from work, late one night. Way out in the country. All of a sudden an owl swoops down and hits my driver side mirror. I stop to see wtf had just happened. The mirror had popped out and was on the ground, shattered. I found the own a few yards back. Well, his body anyway. He had been decapitated and his head lay a few feet from his body. That's my only real experience with owls. And it was pretty unnerving

• Damn. That is unnerving. I was hoping the end would be that when you got out of your vehicle, he was flying away with your mirror. :)

• For sure one of the sexiest types of birds.
    I want one!

• I personally love owls.

• Me too. Wish they were more visible. Here you can't find them in the trees, even when you know where they must be perched.

• That's amazing. Wow. Very lucky.

• Yeah me and owls have always had something of a I don't know a close bond or something like that.

• The are the most viscous killers of all birds! A bird that swoops in on silent wings in the dark of night to kill little vermin mice. The original stealth killing machine!

I love owls!!

• Just about as creepy as Ravens.

• Uh... who?

• They're fucking creepy. Exorcist city.

• That's a great description. Sounds like a Prince song.

• They're fantastic, naturally... and humans being compared with them sometimes... hey you... owl

• I dislike them. This girl I use to have a huge crush on told me how she hated them when she was little and now when I think of owls I think of her and get bummed

• Oh man. Thanks for sharing. Try to separate, cognitively, the owls and the girl.

Now that I think about it, the owl animosity was probably a huge red flag. I'm glad you didn't end up with that girl, man. You deserve better.